SaltCritters.com

I'm a stupid noob.

CrazyEyes

So I was gluing some frags down, went and got some super glue. I looked to make sure it contained cyanoacrylate, it did so I grabbed it. I get home, and apply it to the frag aaaaaaaand, it's not gel, so needless to say it went everywhere, I got a good amount all over one the frags, I tried to remove as much as possible but I couldn't get all of it off, so now I'm wondering if this frag is fubar because of the glue on it.

ChickenoftheC

im thinking any tissue of the frag that has super glue covering it will die unless it can produce a slime coating and separate itself from the glue you might be able to peel it off later. I think it will be a wait and see how it goes game.

Polarcollision

As a frag-killer myself, if you keep water stable for SPS it will eventually grow from the uncovered parts.

That was kind of might thoughts, still wanted to see what others thought, I guess worse comes to worse I can always snip that piece off.

Someone else did this a couple months ago and I think with stable water parameters he was able to get his coral to encrust back over the superglue.

I glued a couple zoa frags upside down yesterday but I was able to remove the glue today after it soaked in the tank overnight. Could you get some tweezers and attempt to pluck at it?

Anything can grow back if the water is stable. I have a acro frag that I grew from 3-4 polyps (Yes polyps). Today it's a colony as big as a tennis ball. The parts of the frag that are covered in glue are done for. Just be careful as most brands of regular superglue are fairly thin and watery which gets all over the place. Good luck.

Anything can grow back if the water is stable. I have a acro frag that I grew from 3-4 polyps (Yes polyps). Today it's a colony as big as a tennis ball. The parts of the frag that are covered in glue are done for. Just be careful as most brands of regular superglue are fairly thin and watery which gets all over the place. Good luck.

I've done that as well.. my last tank was an acro-killer.. several of them have recovered from single digit number of polyps, one was even down to about 3 or 4 like you said.. doing well today..

Archived