ReefCleaners.org

Rock flower anemone touching SPS..

RC1313

Hey guys, apparently both my rock anemones decided that they were unhappy at the bottom of my tank and crawled up to the top. One of them is actually touching my montipora digitata..both seem fine but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Should i move the digi? Thanks!

I would move the digi. Although it won't kill it right away, constant contact will irritate it and eventually cause some tissue loss. Chances are the anemone is in the rock good so I think moving the digi is your best option

• Like 1

I would move the digi. Although it won't kill it right away, constant contact will irritate it and eventually cause some tissue loss. Chances are the anemone is in the rock good so I think moving the digi is your best option

Okay! Thanks

My flower nems are extremely aggressive, one of the stickiest nems I've messed with, I wouldn't want them near any other coral or anemone. I've never been able to move a rock flower once it finds a place it likes.

My flower nems are extremely aggressive, one of the stickiest nems I've messed with, I wouldn't want them near any other coral or anemone. I've never been able to move a rock flower once it finds a place it likes.

They are very sticky lol. When I've had to touch mine they stuck to my fingers very easily.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:52 PM, STrumbo said:

jesus 6 YO post my bad

It might be 6 YO but I have just read the thread and have learnt something tonight 👍