Pod Your Reef

10 gallon lighting questions

stevens421

So Ive been running a standard 10 gallon with a cheap-o odyssea t5 for over a year. I'm so ready for an upgrade and want complete control ( timed sunrise/sunset, moonlights, spectrum adjustability, exc..) Right now I have polyp/zoas, fungia, softies, LPS, SPS, inverts,and two clowns. Growth is a dissapointment with my current light but it does support life for all the species. I want something that's gonna make everything POP, I'm talking shimmer, awesome color, growth results, the works. Leaning towards led, possibly a nano box mono or kessil a360w. Tank is 20' long x 10' wide x 12' tall. I wonder though if those options would be overkill, I wanna be able to support a true mixed reef but don't want to bleach out my corals with too much light. All opinions and reccomendations are as always greatly appreciated.

Also, I do plan on upgrading tank sizes eventually (20-30gallon) n would like to be able to use the same light.

bdevillier19

with everything you described you'll want the nanobox. if you plan on upgrading tanks, i'd spend the extra and go with the duo instead of the mono.

Nah just have to run it pretty low. If I can keep my tide from frying softies in a 4 gallon cube space a duo should be fine over a 10 gallon. 255 dimming levels on the storm mean you can control the drivers within 2.75mA steps.

Nah just have to run it pretty low. If I can keep my tide from frying softies in a 4 gallon cube space a duo should be fine over a 10 gallon. 255 dimming levels on the storm mean you can control the drivers within 2.75mA steps.

That sounds so nice. I want one lol

Archived