inTank Media Baskets

Kitten jumped into Bucket of Salt Water

Lilies & Lace

Lilies & Lace

I think most of us have seen the video of a cat jumping into a tank? Well my kitten decided to jump into a bucket of salt water I had sitting out and cooling off for a water change. I don't think she realized there was no lid on the bucket. Anyway, she's fine, but is the water still usable? I put flea meds on her 2 days ago so I am a bit worried about that, but she was only in the water for a second.

I think most of us have seen the video of a cat jumping into a tank? Well my kitten decided to jump into a bucket of salt water I had sitting out and cooling off for a water change. I don't think she realized there was no lid on the bucket. Anyway, she's fine, but is the water still usable? I put flea meds on her 2 days ago so I am a bit worried about that, but she was only in the water for a second.

100% toss it. Flea meds are toxic. I am pretty sure on some of the packages actually have warnings for aquariums.

Lilies & Lace

I would not use the water.

I would just toss it and make new not worth the chance. I would of used it hair and all if no flea meds :).

Thank you, I kind of figured that would be the general consensus. I get all of my water from my lfs, which is almost an hour away so this is a bit of an inconvenience. Oh well, I can go two weeks between water changes.

Archived