Innovative Marine Aquariums

FishNeedIT MH LED morning and moon light

Jackal_Knight

Jackal_Knight

I just purchased a FishNeedit 150w MH. im gonna add some leds as a moon light and thought why not add some for in the morning. I was thinking royal blues for the moring and some UV's for night/moon lights. or would there be a better light for morning like regular blues or whites just need some input before ordering the components.

light schedule would be as fallows,

10 am morning light come on

12 pm MH comes on morning lights shut off

6 pm MH shuts off and moon come on '

10 pm moon shut off

bdevillier19

from what i understand the violets dont put off very much visual light at all, but huge par. this seems counter productive as far as moon lights go. i'd just do a mix of royal blue, blue and violet. if you run them on a LDD driver with a controller you could run the LEDs all day on a lighting schedule to suplement your MH. if you run each color on their own channel you can dim them down to 0 and see which color of led at which intensity you like best.

Jackal_Knight

from what i understand the violets dont put off very much visual light at all, but huge par. this seems counter productive as far as moon lights go. i'd just do a mix of royal blue, blue and violet. if you run them on a LDD driver with a controller you could run the LEDs all day on a lighting schedule to suplement your MH. if you run each color on their own channel you can dim them down to 0 and see which color of led at which intensity you like best.

thanks for the heads up on the violets bdevillier. would cool blues work better for a morning effect? i have a Rapid Led moon light driver im gonna use it can run 1-4 leds. I might get another one so i can have different led's for the moonlight look just looking for led color suggestions. i like the color of the MH so i don't want any supplemental lighting since the MH is already to much for my tank.

bdevillier19

Depending on how low they dim I would think blue or royal blue would work. If you did solderless LEDs it would be easy to swap out if you didn't like one or the other.

Archived