Top Shelf Aquatics

Kessil A350 vs. Nanobox Mini for IM Nuvo 16

pokerdobe

Hi all,

I've narrowed down my light choices to the following:

1. Kessil A350W

2. Nanobox Mini

I was hoping I can get some more guidance - I have a IM Nuvo 16, which I plan on stocking with softies and LPS.

Which of the two lights listed would be more optimal to do this? I understand I am losing alot of control features on the Kessil and I would have to buy the controller for the nanobox... Would the mini even work out or would I need to upgrade?

I've also considered the Maxspect Razor Nano, but it seems too "purply" to me...

Thanks for your inputs!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Duo.

Yet I'm still perplexed by how people try using a spotlight type led on non cubed tanks... Just doesn't make sense

why the 2 a350w work perfectly fine on my 40breeder. After the selection of lights I owned be the only lights i would run on anything.

SouthFlorida_Tron

And yet your wasting so much light on the width "end" of where the light reaches. If you're putting it over an area of say... 28x16 then you're wasting a bunch of light that would otherwise cover 36x36 (give or take)

i dont really have any spillage over my tank. so i am not wasting any light. its all staying in the tank with the height i got them set. Still wouldnt own any other light. especially not some of these lights that are stupidly priced anymore with all the stupid features no one ever uses just to add to the price tag of the fixture

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going with a NanoBox Duo that I picked up used on this forum.

It was a hard choice - I really do like the Kessil shimmer... But I figured I can try that out later in the future if the NanoBox ends up not to my liking.. though it seems like it'll exceed expectations according to all the reviews here.

Thanks for the input guys.

Archived