Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How would this Kessil project look?

gus6464

I have been using Kessil horticulture lights for my emersed planted growout tanks and have had good results. They are also quite cheap compared to their aquarium version counterparts. I was looking at their H150 Blue and noticed the spectrum chart looks to mirror the A150 deep ocean blue.

H150 Blue

kessil%20h150%20blue.PNG

A150W Deep Ocean Blue

kessil%20a150%20dob.PNG

I also have an H150 Purple that I use and this is the spectrum chart.

kessil%20h150%20purple.PNG

What got me thinking is I can get an H150 Puple and 2x H150 Blue for ~$250. I thought about making a bracket that would join all 3 right next to each to form a sort of tri-beam Kessil cannon for a cube tank. Spectrum would be quite nice and have a boatload of PAR in the process in say a 25G cube.

What you guys think?

Hmm... it's doable you just have to align the lights carefully to keep wierd color shadows from occuring me thinks. If you do go about doing this I'd be interested to see the results.

Hmm... it's doable you just have to align the lights carefully to keep wierd color shadows from occuring me thinks. If you do go about doing this I'd be interested to see the results.

My H150 have holes for the hanging adapter on the top. I can get an aluminum bar from home depot and join the mounting holes with the strips so they are exactly on the same plane. I was thinking basically putting all 3 touching each other in the form of a triangle. Do you think I need 2x Blue to counteract the purple or would 1:1 ratio be good?

jedimasterben

You're missing basically all green light. Corals will look like shit that aren't green fluorescent, and your tank will elicit a very strong purple color.

Use the Hs, grow a bunch of dope with them (thats what they are for, H=hydroponics).

Sell the dope, buy some reef lights.

jedimasterben

Use the Hs, grow a bunch of dope with them (thats what they are for, H=hydroponics).

Sell the dope, buy some reef lights.

Ha, both the As and Hs are for reefers.

I bust myself up

:lol:

Just wanted to point out note on their color temperature charts from the website:

*Color temperature for reference only, and is not a direct measurement of CCT

The A150 Deep Ocean Blue has no green on it either yet it's sold as an aquarium light which people use. Maybe I'm missing something here but their charts are for all intent and purposes identical.

Kessil-Deep-Ocean-Blue-20000K-A150W.jpg

jedimasterben

And what I said remains. Anything that isn't fluorescent (which is almost only green corals) will look like garbage.

Archived