Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is this bryopsis algae?

Spiderguardnano

Pop the zoa off the plug and glue it to your rock throw the plug in the trash. Not sure if its byropsis. Hard to tell in the pic, if it looks feathery, it could be.

Spiderguardnano

I saw some super glue gel at homedepot I'll pick that up tomorrow I think it's called loctite super glue

Spiderguardnano

will be popping this frag off tomorrow

is it as easy as just taking a razor blade cutting the frag off and gluing it to a plug?

yep. devil weed.

That works. Jyou can also find the gel at a 99c store. The carry the 2 packs by my house.

Some frag plugs are easier than others to remove. If its really giving you a hard time just crush the plug with a pair of pliers but be careful that it does not break and fly across the room. Some use a dremel and some use bone crushers. Id start with a razor blade and slowly and carefully try to cut/pry up under the glue that they used to attach to plug. It should pop right off.

Also I use a small ball (half a marble size) of reef epoxy as well as super glue gel and attach to the bottom of the frag and then get another ball size piece of epoxy putty w/ glue and put that piece on the live rock where you plan to attach plug. Then simply put glue on the bottom of the frag and attach to the putty you just glued to the rock. Hope that makes sense.

So it should go like this....

rock, glue, putty, glue, putty, frag

I like to remive my frag plugs as much as possible as it give the reef a more natural look

Archived