SaltCritters.com

Funniest moment in your tank!

Dr.Brain Coral

Dr.Brain Coral

Hello everyone, Doc.B here with another topic about all your tanks!! We have had dream tank and craziest story so now we have Funniest moment in your tanks. Anything from hermit crabs skydiving of your rock work to clownfish be goof balls to stomatopod so deciding your favorite frag would look nice as a sofa.

The other day I watched my tiniest hermit furiously dig at and attack my fighting conch, who is easily 20X its size... because it wanted its shell. Dream big little dude. Conch trudged along the sand as if nothing was happening.

I tried to super glue over an Aptasia once, and my fire shrimp had the see what I had done over there. He picked at the super glue and got one set of his claws glued together.

I once had a nassarius snail that just couldn't catch a break.

Food entered the water, they began erupting, and just as this guy was on his way out, another nassarius just bulldozed right over him and buried him.

So he starts to dig himself out and and WEEEEeeeeee BOOM, one of my hermits drops like a bomb from having scaled the putty, right on top of him.

After that he didn't come out for the rest of the day lol.

When my hermit crabs try super hard to climb up vertical sections of my rocks and fall down straight in the sand :)

It's like exactly what I wouldn't want to see from my brother who's a rock climber!

I accidentally bought blue leg hermits when I already had red leg hermits in my tank. Dropped the blues in and the reds instantly slaughtered them all and took their shells. It was over in about 90 seconds. It was really funny to watch.

I accidentally bought blue leg hermits when I already had red leg hermits in my tank. Dropped the blues in and the reds instantly slaughtered them all and took their shells. It was over in about 90 seconds. It was really funny to watch.

Gang violence

I had this hermit that changed shells every day, I had got a bunch for him from several locations. He was the first thing in the tank, and he cleaned good, and changed his shell often. One day I added a fish, and some time later I added some coral. He started by knocking a small mushroom off a rock every night. When I got some other coral, he harassed that a bit as well, but started leaving it alone after a week or so. Then came the frogspawn coral. I wedged it in good when I bought it, and he instantly started cleaning it. He then went from cleaning to hanging on it and rocking back and fourth. He eventually knocked it off the rock, and then went on his way. This went on for several days, and one night I thought I had him licked but I woke up in the morning and found he worked on it all night and had taken the frogspawn down. He was standing on it when the lights went on and I couldn't believe it. Here's the photo:

2uTdrTs.png

Anyway, the poor guy (not really, he was a jerk) went back the local store and stole one of my good shells.

Haven't really got any funny moments but I just got some pellets to try out with the clowns today but they are to big for them so they've been sitting in the sand for a bit, I noticed them slowly dissappearing one by one to find my peppermint shrimp sneakily rolling them back under his rock.

Archived