Top Shelf Aquatics

Bonsai tree coral

Jaden1592

Hi guys, I was thinking about pruning my birds nest sps into a bonsai styled tree. I did not see anything related to the idea online and would like to be the first; unless someone knows what it would look like or have pictures they can dig up on the internet. I cannot seem to find the idea done anywhere!

I don't remember whos thread it was, but I JUST saw this type of idea mapped out by someone in an entire build thread...

But instead of using birdsnest they were going to use branching frogspawn or GSP. Let me see if I can find a link to the thread

Interesting Idea! Lots of patientce.

i bonsai my birdsnest every time I clean my nano.

Ha! Do you mean maintain them by cutting it back? I'd like to see your bonsai

i have a bipinnata gorg that is growing like a shrub, instead of flat.... i've often thought about pruning it, binding it and shaping it with that heavy copper wire i have.... then i say "doh"

Ha! Do you mean maintain them by cutting it back? I'd like to see your bonsai

Yeah also with monti cap. Big knuckles always breaking off pieces of coral when I am trying to clean the glass. Sometimes you get stuck pretty good by the hystrix.

Yeah also with monti cap. Big knuckles always breaking off pieces of coral when I am trying to clean the glass. Sometimes you get stuck pretty good by the hystrix.

Nice, I am talking about bonsai NOT maintenance,

I thought it'd be cool if someone trained a SPS coral like a bonsai tree.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/348942-bonsai-sps/

Link to my thread

I don't remember whos thread it was, but I JUST saw this type of idea mapped out by someone in an entire build thread...

But instead of using birdsnest they were going to use branching frogspawn or GSP. Let me see if I can find a link to the thread

Interesting Idea! Lots of patientce.

i have a bipinnata gorg that is growing like a shrub, instead of flat.... i've often thought about pruning it, binding it and shaping it with that heavy copper wire i have.... then i say "doh"

I was being silly. There really isn't a need to "train" an sps to grow a certain way imo. Something like a birdsnest or digitata, you could just cut it however you wanted it to look really.

gulfsurfer101

I too would bonsai the sh*t out my birdsnest every time I would stick my hand in my tank for any reason. It got to the point where I finally just threw the whole f*cking thing out of my tank completely. This was of course before I had my 75g or I would've just let the thing grow naturally, you know, like in nature, where these things are from, duh.

Archived