SaltCritters.com

20g long stocking, last fish

Washout

Hi Nano-Reef,

I have a 20g long, currently it has a cherub angel, firefish, lawn mower blenny and an ocellaris clown. I am currently cycling a 150g, and my cherub has killed clownfish before so I am going to be taking either him or the clownfish out and putting him in the new bigger tank. It's more likely that I'll take out the clown.

So that being said can anyone suggest a tank mate based around a cherub that has a history of aggression?

any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Based on what happened with my lemonpeel angel I wouldn't put another fish in the tank with the cherub angel. It isn't worth the risk of it killing another fish.

Cameron6796

Uhm okay so basically angels are semi aggressive and definetly know they are strong fish so if you transfer it to your 150 it will need to be one of the last fish added. But it would be a better spot for it.

Also they are a wide bodied fish so they poop a lot so to speak. Reason two 150 is better for it.

So I'd move the angel once you have some other smaller fish in the 150 and then get a smaller fish For the 20 since it is pretty well stocked now.

Maybe a possum wrasse or similar but the clown won't take a liking to new fish once the big boy (angel) is gone it will take roll as king.

But yes the angel to the bigger tank if its going to be tangs and anthias mainly

Unfortunately I had to get the angel out of my tank. He was going at my clown fish and was really stressing it out.

I found a new home for him fast though :) He's going into a 90 gallon tank, which I am glad to gear. I am sad to see him go because he was a really active fish, and used the entire tank. I loved to watch him.

Now the process of finding a new free swimmer to the tank. All the fish in there currently kinda stay in their own spot, with the exception of the blenny when he wants to clean off some rocks.

Can anyone suggest a new addition? I would like a peaceful fish if possible, but something that is an active swimmer. I was thinking of a Midas Blenny, but I don't think the Lawn Mower Blenny would get along with him too well. There is about 3/4 of the tank not being used by fish at the moment so a free swimmer would be awesome.

Thanks,

Archived