Pod Your Reef

OR Arctic S026

ARsaltnewb

yes they are cheap but quite good. i have cheap chinese full spectrum (165w) led from eBay and my corals are coloring up well. ocean-revives are pretty much the same, except slightly better customer service. if you are going to keep sps, these lights are fine as long as your tank is not more than 24" deep. if you have a deep tank, you will have to place the lights closer to the water surface.

This is how:

post-85156-0-67981700-1405372440_thumb.jpg

It's a modified TV mount, so very solid. If you are interested, I have another one of these I am looking to sell for $20.

No but thanks for the offer. I have an idea for hanging the fixture, I'm just not sure how far above the water it should go.

What is the dimensions of your tank. You will need to go high enough so that the light covers the whole area, but at the same if you go too high, the PAR is going to go down. I have mine about 10 inches above water level. My tank is a 20 gallon Long. I placed the light not completely center but slightly to the left. In that way the right end of the tank has lower lighting for my low light corals such as cyphastrea and chalices.

The S026 has the same dimensions (16" by 10") as my LEDs. My tank is also 30" wide by 12" (front-to-back). Your's is only slightly deeper (18" vs my 12") I have mine 10" above water level. For your tank anywhere between 10" to 15" above water surface should be a good position. Have someone hold it above the tank at the desired height, and then look at it from a distance to make sure most of your tank is well lighted.

Here's how mine currently looks. The intensity is deliberately turned down for the picture, otherwise its quite bright. Notice the shaded area on the right end of the tank. I kept that for my low-light corals such as cyphastrea and chalice.

post-85156-0-18691900-1405454416_thumb.jpg

Archived