SaltCritters.com

first 10g reef tank

quiddmobile

quiddmobile

i'm going to try to document my tank so i can get used to checking it often and hopefully not slack off with water changes.

added:

liverock

yellow tailed damsel

stock lights

HOB 10gal filter

IMG_0385.jpg

added:

feather duster/coco worm

skunk cleaner shrimp

turbo snail (i think)

hydor koralia 240gph

eheim jager heater 50W

more liverock

may29-2014.jpg

added:

upgraded lights with ocreef par38 36w on ebay

clownfish

green acan

the damsel was being mean to the clownfish so i eventually returned him to the fishstore

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

i also added another clownfish so they will hopefully pair. the larger one was being mean to the smaller one but i've read that it is normal behavior.

July 11 2014

alot more green growth on liverock

added:

octospawn

green ricordia

2 snails (forgot what they're called but they have a long antennae and bury themselves in the sand)

planning to get more cuc but the lfs around don't have alot of variety

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

my featherduster/coco worm shed its crown and is currently mia. i dont think its dead because i saw it pop out its head a few days ago.

DSC00583.jpg

the smaller clownfish hiding from the larger one

DSC00585.jpg

i have a question, do you think this acan is receiving too much light and is sort of bleaching? some parts of it is white but it still behaves normally and puff out.

DSC00578.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Your tank looks very nice. It would be great to get a little history on the tank and yourself as far as reef-keeping goes. Are you a beginner or have experience. How long has the tank been wet, etc.

• 3 months later...

October 14 Update

its been a while and my tank has changed alot

20141004_181107.jpg

my cleaner shrimp and cocoworm died a few months ago :( RIP.

there are a lot of baby feather dusters on the liverock and walls and baby snails at night.

the surface of the live rock that is hit by the lights is dark green

my frog/octospawn as grown in length and its super cool now

my acans may or may not be dying because it looks like the frag cut wasn't clean and the coral is receding but on the other hand it looks pretty healthy

20141004_181015.jpg

i added some more corals in my tank:

duncan, it has like 7 heads and i got it for $20

20141006_135027.jpg

2 green candy cane frags were given to me for free

I got a green torch coral, it was $15, pretty big, and came with some GSPs at its feet

20141011_182416.jpg

i got these cherry charm zoas for $15 eventhough they were supposed to be $5 a head because my mom bargained with the guy.

it doesnt have a lot of color but theres like 12+ heads.

20141004_181048.jpg

unfortunately there were aiptasia on the frag so now i think im starting to have an aiptasia problem in my tank.

i also got some zoas that were $15 but i didnt take pictures of it

i feel like i need more corals that aren't green :)

once i buy coral glue i will place them on the rocks but until then...

im also considering buying an ac50/70 and modding it as a fuge or just getting it to increase the total water volume but ill be patient for that

sorry for the camera quality, i took it on my phone

Tanks looking good!

How long did you have the feather duster ??

I had the feather duster for the first two months when I started. I didn't know how fickle they could be but it was pretty while it was in the tank

• 3 weeks later...

update: November 4, 2014

i think the pods are eating my zoas. I've been watching them the past few weeks since i got the zoas and at night i have seen them swarming around the rock, looking like they are nibbling on the corals.

:(

• 3 months later...

Update in like 3 months with photos! WOOO

what it looks like currently:

i changed the rockscape a tiny bit

DSC00648.jpg

the acan frag that i got like 8-9 months ago are finally multiplying with a sponge pal :D

DSC00626.jpg

my duncans splitted a lot in a small amount of time!

DSC00639.jpg

these are cherry charms? A group of them fell onto the substrate but are still growing

DSC00640.jpg

the candycane coral growing some additional heads and the green ric just chilling

DSC00631.jpg

i dont think the octospawn or the torch in the back are ever going to grow additional heads

DSC00641.jpg

I got a lot of new things too:

I dont know what these are called

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

i like mushrooms :D

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

got a small green anemone

DSC00649.jpg

diamond goby

DSC00650.jpg

cleaner shrimp v2, its super small

DSC00655.jpg

sixline on the bottom of the picture

20150127_181300.jpg

unfortunately, the smaller clownfish died and the zoas on the rock died for some reason too.

the aiptasia problem is getting worse.

Do you have much aggression between the sixline and the clown? I thought I was pushing it keeping those 2 in a 28g but I do know my clown is very territorial. I think the fighting eventually led to my sixlne jumping out of the tank so keep an eye out.

You may end up with a diamond goby that isn't very happy either, they are sand sifters and your substrate looks pretty coarse. They will eat frozen shrimp but their nature is to just constantly cruise and sift.

Archived