Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ecotech XR15W Pro - pre-order now

Premiumaq

Q: Who should consider a XR15wPRO?

A: Anyone who are purchasing or setting up a small cube style or shallow all-in-one tank will benefit from purchasing 1-2x XR15wPROs vs. the XR30 platform.

Am I reading this right 1 or 2 xr15wpros vs 1 xr30

If so why wouldn't you just buy the single xr30 it would be cheaper.

The 2 15W Pro add up to a smaller profile overall than the 30 - that's the benefit to smaller setups.

Heh - you're absolutely right! I hadn't done the calculation.

Now, however, I can't come up with a single explanation as to why... :huh:

I'm not the one who designed them, and I certainly don't have any hurt feelings over what turned out to be an extremely valid question! I can only chuckle at the whole idea!

Yep... only instead of moguls and VHO, I'm onto HQI and T5. I have LEDs... on my remote control, as power indicators for many electronics, even little flashlights...

My system has never shown signs that it suffers any from a lack of latest-lighting-technology, so I'll stick with what I have until it stops working for me.

So from documentation on their sight

XR15w Pro - 16" distribution normal and 24" distribution with wide lens. They don't state what the height of the light is to achieve this though.

XR30w Pro - 30" standard distribution with no specified height. With wide lens they show it with a 48x48" area but it doesn't appear to fill that 48"x48" area. the 48x48 is measured at 24" from bottom of aquarium.

I have asked for them to elaborate a bit on this. Basically at 24" from bottom what is the distribution for the two lights with standard and wide lenses.

I was told that with my IM 30L I would need two regardless if it was a 15pro or 30 pro because of the 36" width, so

So

2 x 15 pro $900

2 x 30 pro $1500

no contest here but if I could have saved $150 with 1 30w Pro I'm not going to be happy.

And then what is the distribution of each using the "soon to be released" RMS? RMS will put the light 8" above the tank. I will be ordering these along with many other people so I wonder how this is going to effect the lighting situations for people that have been hanging their lights?

Archived