Top Shelf Aquatics

Hitchhiker or baby Trochus Snail?

Tropi

So I only just found this little guy last night and was wondering if anyone knows if it's a hitchhiker snail, if so is it good or bad or is it a baby Trochus snail?

I've got two Trochus snails in my tank that I have had for 8 weeks now and they have been spawning a few times, atleast thats what I think they were doing since they had some white cloudy substance coming from them. But from what I've been reading it's usually a few months after spawning that you might get babies that's why I'm not sure since I only had them a couple months.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks.

IMG_2070_zpsd59fc4cd.jpg

IMG_2065_zpsa108082f.jpg

johnmaloney

Agreed, Trochidae family, could be Trochus or Tectus. He looks like Tectus conus, but with reverse color patterns, I bet he is a Tectus sp. Not as good with Pacific Ocean snails. When conchology.be is back up, (under going maintenance and down as I type this), I bet the have it. Just search "Trochidae" and it should have both of those likely families as well as some other closely related ones. Either way, an herbivore and a good guy.

Agreed, Trochidae family, could be Trochus or Tectus. He looks like Tectus conus, but with reverse color patterns, I bet he is a Tectus sp. Not as good with Pacific Ocean snails. When conchology.be is back up, (under going maintenance and down as I type this), I bet the have it. Just search "Trochidae" and it should have both of those likely families as well as some other closely related ones. Either way, an herbivore and a good guy.

Really sorry I'm late at replying. Thank you heaps, great to know it's a good little guy :) and will definately do a search on them, for a little one he sure can get around the tank fast

Archived