Cultivated Reef

Stocking question 17.1 gal

aviator300

aviator300

I have a 17.1 gal Mr Aqua thats just finished cycling.

I'm thinking about fish a month or two from now and want to know if my Choice would be acceptable and if not, what would you suggest from a stocking as well as compatibility standpoint.

I would like to stock the following.

1 False Percula Clown (already own)

1 Royal Gramma

1 Yellow Clown Goby.

I also plan on 1 or 2 Skunk Cleaner shrimp.

My tank has a Hydor Slim Skim protein skimmer and Chaeto in an AC70 for nutrient export.

I will also be doing a 25% water change at least weekly. Any suggestions will be well appreciated.

Sounds like a good stock list to me. All three of those fish should get along well and your maintenance routine sounds great, plus a skimmer. I love royal grammas, great pop of color. I think they're an under rated reef fish. Mine was pretty personable, too. Clowns are quintessential. Don't know anything about gobys, but everyone who has one seems to love them.

How do you like your Hydor slim skim?

aviator300

Sounds like a good stock list to me. All three of those fish should get along well and your maintenance routine sounds great, plus a skimmer. I love royal grammas, great pop of color. I think they're an under rated reef fish. Mine was pretty personable, too. Clowns are quintessential. Don't know anything about gobys, but everyone who has one seems to love them.

How do you like your Hydor slim skim?

Just turned it on today. It's very quiet and produces much finer bubbles than the Aquatic life skimmer 115 that I used to have. Ask me this same question about a month from now and I'll have a much better answer. :D

Archived