Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hot Glue reef safe ?

Reefkid88

I'm putting some magnets on my frag rack an was wondering if hot glue is reef safe ? I'm assuming so because it pretty much just plastic being melted correct ?

Also probably a dumb question,but it doesn't matter what magnets I use ?

I'm putting some magnets on my frag rack an was wondering if hot glue is reef safe ? I'm assuming so because it pretty much just plastic being melted correct ?

Also probably a dumb question,but it doesn't matter what magnets I use ?

Magnets inside the tank need to be sealed so they don't rust. Hot glue is probably safe but not sure how it would hold up, I super glued the magnets on mine.

These are the magnets I used: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/oceans-wonders-n52-v2-mag-rack-replacement-magnets-1.html

MirandaCaine

It is safe to use, but not waterproof so whatever you glue with it won't hold for very long. I'm with Tamberav, superglue would probably work best in this situation

Magnets inside the tank need to be sealed so they don't rust. Hot glue is probably safe but not sure how it would hold up, I super glued the magnets on mine.

These are the magnets I used: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/oceans-wonders-n52-v2-mag-rack-replacement-magnets-1.html

It is safe to use, but not waterproof so whatever you glue with it won't hold for very long. I'm with Tamberav, superglue would probably work best in this situation

Thanks guys. The magnets I got,were from Walmart in the craft section and they were super weak... It wouldn't even hold the frag rack up in the water,I guess trying to fight it aginst the current. I'll check into those magnets Tam,thanks for the suggestion.

FlowerMama

You could just superglue some black or white crate to the top of a Magfloat and then you could move it anywhere you want in the tank. Is that an option?

You could just superglue some black or white crate to the top of a Magfloat and then you could move it anywhere you want in the tank. Is that an option?

I could,I have a Nano Mag somewhere. Id love to find a very "nano" frag rack. I'm really wanting it to stick my sps ( birdsnests and ect ) on when I eventually get them. The one I have now is ghetttttto and actually pretty small,just not mobile.

Yeah I always wanted his AIO kits and a typhon cases. Does anyone ever know what happened to him ?

jedimasterben

Yeah I always wanted his AIO kits and a typhon cases. Does anyone ever know what happened to him ?

He's disappeared once before - he and his wife just had a baby that had some very severe complications. That's been a couple years now, and so far as they knew everything was in the clear, but something like that could have happened again. Just speculation from me.

TheKleinReef

I remember reading that he had some family issue to attend to and tried to gamble making stuf for people. But when he couldn't keep up his rep went to s***. But it doesn't help that he left his site up during the whole thing. There were a lot of empty orders that we're meet filled.

Damn,that's pretty unfortunate. He had some awesome ass products. Before he went MIA I was messaging him on here then boom,he vanished and never messaged me back !!

Archived