Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reef-Related Game (Made By Me)

Euphyllia

I've been working on a simple game recently and I have a rough demo on my website. Planning to add a couple more levels and fix bugs / confusion with current levels. You can play it on my website... http://www.nepenthesisland.com/seafood-escape/

Hopefully you'll get the story line, but it's basically a crab escaping from a disproportionate seafood restaurant. He has to make it past a ton of hostile sea creatures to get back to his home...

I thought I'd share it here since it is reef-related. Planning to add more common saltwater aquarium inhabitants like hermits, starfish and anemones to future levels. You may recognize some in there, like poorly drawn tuxedo urchins.

Let me know what you think! I know it's not on GTA5 level, but at least it isn't absolutely horrible.

• 4 weeks later...

i played with it a bit .. i know these things take time so i commend you on your work :)

It's glitchy, but it's the first game I've ever tried to do a good job on lol. I'm better at graphics than actual programming. IK it isn't great but it could be a lot worse. :P

that game is actually some what difficult :) and it looks like the sanddollars are things you are supposed to collect, but they hurt you, no? Otherwise cool so far. What did you use to program the game?

I don't think the sand dollars hurt you. lol I suck so bad. I played it a few times, its fun. I like the simple games that for some reason are super hard and I end up screaming and laughing at my idiocy.

Maybe add a sound when you collect a sand dollar (like mario coins) and something every once and awhile to restore health.

that game is actually some what difficult :) and it looks like the sanddollars are things you are supposed to collect, but they hurt you, no? Otherwise cool so far. What did you use to program the game?

No they don't hurt you, but every other sea creature hurts you lol. I used Flash 8 because I'm too poor to afford a better plan for Adobe Creative Cloud... $10/month is enough already for photoshop. -.-

I don't think the sand dollars hurt you. lol I suck so bad. I played it a few times, its fun. I like the simple games that for some reason are super hard and I end up screaming and laughing at my idiocy.

Maybe add a sound when you collect a sand dollar (like mario coins) and something every once and awhile to restore health.

I made a terrible rage game in 2012 which was literally impossible to play... With practice I was able to beat it first try every time super fast.

People have suggested that, I have to figure out how haha.

Archived