Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box 13Up Arrays : For Sale!

DaveFason

NR Squad,

I know many of you still like to DIY in the reef hobby. I am offering my 13Up array for the masses now.

Specs :

• 2 - Lime, 2 - Warm white, 1 - Neutral white, 2 - Violet ( Channel 1 )
  • 1 - Cyan, 1 - Blue, 4 - Royal Blue ( Channel 2 )
  • Small Footprint - 1.5" Square - Four Mounting holes ( 4-40 or M3 Screws )

These arrays use some of the most current bins that I specifically pick out.

$59.95

Pictures to follow.

-Dave

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

12"x12", maybe push to 16x16 with lower output and hard shadowing around the edges, IMHO I'd stick to 12x12.

I have people using them on 18"x18"x15". The edges are pushing it for coral growth but will still look good to the eye.

-Dave

Hmmmm, should this be an easy swap for my mini? I have the old school setup , but I'm thinking it should just be a straight swap.

I have people using them on 18"x18"x15". The edges are pushing it for coral growth but will still look good to the eye.

-Dave

Would you recommend 2 13ups for an 18"x18"x18" Sps/Clam dominant cube? I'm looking into some lighting options for my next build :)

jedimasterben

Hmmmm, should this be an easy swap for my mini? I have the old school setup , but I'm thinking it should just be a straight swap.

Probably. I believe the old 11up boards were the same size with the same mount holes, but I know some of the minis have epoxy instead of screws, in which case you just desolder the old one, pop it off, scrape the heatsink with a razor blade, epoxy the new one on, solder, and you're done!

Probably. I believe the old 11up boards were the same size with the same mount holes, but I know some of the minis have epoxy instead of screws, in which case you just desolder the old one, pop it off, scrape the heatsink with a razor blade, epoxy the new one on, solder, and you're done!

Mine is even older than that. I have stars in mine .

jedimasterben

Mine is even older than that. I have stars in mine .

Then just scrape 'em off and epoxy the new one in :)

I had ti ready, then worked out with pico on the Eco Mini and a few other things. The goal, Monday. It will be simple, easy and informative. Finally :D

Hey Dave, what's the ETA on the new website?

You can. Yours is old school. If you willing to go all in, I can even do a new style heatsink that will make your life a TON easier.

Yes sir. You would have more than enough light.

Would you recommend 2 13ups for an 18"x18"x18" Sps/Clam dominant cube? I'm looking into some lighting options for my next build :)

Please do :)

I may have to puck one of these up soon.

Dave,

What quantity would you need to make some custom 13ups?

And what is the max number of channels that are on your board? Is it strictly the two channels?

Thank you

jedimasterben

Let's see some pics.

See his mini threads, they'll be the same :P

And what is the max number of channels that are on your board? Is it strictly the two channels?

The boards have two channels. Anything else would need custom design.

I want to buy some of these but I don't know what I'm doing :huh::mellow:

Someone get them and do a build walk through :D Or perhaps there is one somewhere?

jedimasterben

I want to buy some of these but I don't know what I'm doing :huh::mellow:

Someone get them and do a build walk through :D Or perhaps there is one somewhere?

That's really about all there is to it lol

That's really about all there is to it lol

But what if I want to use one from scratch? Like stick one on my own heat sink.

jedimasterben

But what if I want to use one from scratch? Like stick one on my own heat sink.

Two drivers, one if you want only one channel, a fan power supply, and you've got a minimal on-off array, use with a timer. Use dimmable drivers (manual/automatic) with pots or a controller. It can be as simple or as complex as you'd like it to be. Treat these just like you would single LEDs, except that instead of a string of LEDs, there are only four solder points total.

Guess I'll have to reduce the price on those 11up boards I've got in the hardware classifieds.

It can't be that hard to retro one of these into my nanobox i guess. Heck for the cost if i need to light any more nano tanks I'll probably just buy these.

Two drivers, one if you want only one channel, a fan power supply, and you've got a minimal on-off array, use with a timer. Use dimmable drivers (manual/automatic) with pots or a controller. It can be as simple or as complex as you'd like it to be. Treat these just like you would single LEDs, except that instead of a string of LEDs, there are only four solder points total.

You're talking to a girly girl my dear :happy:

Which drivers for a storm controller that I have? :huh:

Archived