Top Shelf Aquatics

UWdanno's IM Nuvo 4 Gallon

uwdanno

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been quietly watching this, it has come along really nice. I'm back on the pico scene again. Got some extra frags from the 60 to fill it up. I did leave the sps out the water for 70 mins ooooops!!

I have been quietly watching this, it has come along really nice. I'm back on the pico scene again. Got some extra frags from the 60 to fill it up. I did leave the sps out the water for 70 mins ooooops!!

Thanks. 70 mins?!?! Hope you didn't lose any show piece!

Update

DSC_0625.jpg

New Rastas and Green Digi

DSC_0612.jpg

Free Spongeodes from a local reefer. Complete brown town. Working to bring the color back

2287614d40179f90d2958a67555156d7.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

Love that last shot!

Thanks! Every once and awhile I get lucky on a pic!

My camera settings may as well be written in hieroglyphics. I don't understand them yet

Looking good man,what're you using to take pictures ?

Thanks. That one was just my iPhone6. Usually I use a Nikon D3200 with 50mm lens with extension tubes.

Oh okay. I learned they shoot pretty well if the flow is off and its not too blue. I need a new camera I have a old Sony DSC-100 and its just worn out lol.

Oh okay. I learned they shoot pretty well if the flow is off and its not too blue. I need a new camera I have a old Sony DSC-100 and its just worn out lol.

They do. There is also a feature in the phone to edit down some of the exposure and color balances. Works great for a quick update.

Uploading to the laptop and into photobucket gets to be a pain in the A with my nice camera.

Yeah the new update they came out with does it on all the iphones. I honestly just sharpen,contrast and some other minor editing on Instagram and then upload to photobucket and then upload here. It's a process but it works.

So I take it the Red Dragon kicked the bucket ? I see the frag plug is empty... :(

Yeah the new update they came out with does it on all the iphones. I honestly just sharpen,contrast and some other minor editing on Instagram and then upload to photobucket and then upload here. It's a process but it works.

So I take it the Red Dragon kicked the bucket ? I see the frag plug is empty... :(

Kicked the bucket. There wasn't much tissue left. Pretty sure the lighting change with the alk swing did them in. It's such a sensitive coral.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really would love to pick up one of these tanks for my desk after seeing what you've done with this one. :)

It's an awesome tank. Really.

I've alwasy thought it would be really cool to fill it full of hammer coral- like to the point that you can no long see rocks- and put it on my office desk. Low maintenace and great to look at.

The tank itself isn't terrible expensive but I did upgrade the pump, light, ATO and heater.

It's fun.

Looking Good!

Very nice- that FTS is awesome and really like that last pic- great colors

Thanks guys. Local frag swap coming up next sat.

On the look out for-

Zoas.

Encrusting monti. (Reverse superman, mystic sunset)

Acan or candy cane

Maybe another hammer.

Everything is doing well and growing. I also have several new sprouts of purple coralline. Very nice color

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 20gal Fusion. Cranking out new water now.

Unfortunately I will be taking the live stock from this pico and moving it to the new tank.

I'll add a link to the new build thread once I get it going.

Quick overhead cell pic.

Got the alk up to 8.6 from 6.7 over the last couple days. Planning on keeping it at that level for a bit

0CF682BC-FE8A-4890-9CDF-701AF146FFC7.jpg

What is the frogspawn on the left? The translucent one with neon green tips? It's stunning!

• 3 weeks later...

What is the frogspawn on the left? The translucent one with neon green tips? It's stunning!

Sorry for the delay. Been working on my 20g. I'm really not sure the type of frogspawn. A friend gave it to me and it was the first coral I put in the system. It's a great piece

You know, I love big coral tanks.. But these nano/pico tanks have an appeal all their own. Its amazing to see so much life in such a small tank.

Archived