Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

UWdanno's IM Nuvo 4 Gallon

uwdanno

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks looking good- nice frags!

Thanks. Its been a lot of fun so far. Just added two more SPS over the weekend. Blue tipped Acro and some sort of pinkish Acro.

Also tested Par values with a Seneye meter. Glad I did. My values were a little lower than I had hoped at my SPS (~200ish). I've dropped the light down another 3 inches to get closer to ~300-400. Hoping that will encourage more growth.

Also reading up on SPS feeding. I've been squirting in small amounts of Phyto here and there. Starting to think about Reef Chilli and AcroPower.

Thanks. Its been a lot of fun so far. Just added two more SPS over the weekend. Blue tipped Acro and some sort of pinkish Acro.

Also tested Par values with a Seneye meter. Glad I did. My values were a little lower than I had hoped at my SPS (~200ish). I've dropped the light down another 3 inches to get closer to ~300-400. Hoping that will encourage more growth.

Also reading up on SPS feeding. I've been squirting in small amounts of Phyto here and there. Starting to think about Reef Chilli and AcroPower.

Phyto isn't really for SPS - more for filter feeders but who knows if they achieve a benefit. Try their Roti and Oyster feast they are designed more for SPS. I also use reef chili- I feel I am getting a good benefit from all of those. I also do use Phyto for everything else in the tank- ck out my thread below and see the growth my SPS are getting. I am big believer in feeding the corals. I also dose Acropower- I haven't seen any negative results from it!

Phyto isn't really for SPS - more for filter feeders but who knows if they achieve a benefit. Try their Roti and Oyster feast they are designed more for SPS. I also use reef chili- I feel I am getting a good benefit from all of those. I also do use Phyto for everything else in the tank- ck out my thread below and see the growth my SPS are getting. I am big believer in feeding the corals. I also dose Acropower- I haven't seen any negative results from it!

Great to know. Your tank has great growth and colors. Thats enough for me to get on board.

Just checked. My LFS sells Roti & Oyster. Will be swinging over to pick some up this week.

Great to know. Your tank has great growth and colors. Thats enough for me to get on board.

Just checked. My LFS sells Roti & Oyster. Will be swinging over to pick some up this week.

Thank you- it's been a fun tank to run! Ck out the reef chili too- good stuff

Polarcollision

Putting this out there mostly for my own reference -

Corals I am on the hunt for -Will take some time, but these are the next ones to go in the tank.

Ponape Birdsnest

Forestfire Digiata

Mystic Sunset Montipora

JF Jack O Lantern

I have a ponape bird nest colony around 3" that I'd like to sell. Comes with palys among lower branches too.

1ef6ffb8eab91c16012b2aab7b6ae939.jpg

b931ee076ea3f1cf10e284a3b6c492fb.jpg

New Acros. Not sure what they are. Tiny one on the far right only has 5 polyps. Broke off a buds colony so we figured try to grow it.
9d786aeb195ea416e9d882a46b166c97.jpg

Keeper of the tank. No shenanigans while he's on duty.
8e825f87fb04df8c2fc427562c3f58f2.jpg

Hey man, hows that minijet working out? I wanna get rid of my hydor nano cause it takes up a lot of space in my display..and the stock pump is like 70gph...if that haha

Thanks for the positive comments. The tank is really starting to grow. The SPS is doing well in it.

Hey man, hows that minijet working out? I wanna get rid of my hydor nano cause it takes up a lot of space in my display..and the stock pump is like 70gph...if that haha

Its great. Get it. It pumps a ton of flow. It goes up to ~153 gph which is pretty aggressive in a small tank. I dialed it down to closer to ~130. My water stays clear and the SPS all get plenty of flow.

Have you started the Roti or Oyster feast?

Started last weekend. Seems to be great stuff. I know its way early to tell but I swear my corals are already looking healthier - better PE and colors.

I plan on rotating daily - oyster, mysis, roti. I am only putting in about .5ml of the oyster/roti per feeding.

Awesome little tank man !! How good of growth are you getting with the CCDS par bulb ? Also,idk how your sunburst is doing,but mine hates a lot of light.. I'm trying to get mine to color back up still from blasting it with a ass load of light lol.

Awesome little tank man !! How good of growth are you getting with the CCDS par bulb ? Also,idk how your sunburst is doing,but mine hates a lot of light.. I'm trying to get mine to color back up still from blasting it with a ass load of light lol.

Thanks.

I'm happy with the CC bulb. In the last month I am really seeing my SPS take off. Lots of good encrusting growth at the bases. Great light on a budget.

The sunburst looks good. Not much growth but it's a solid redish orange with decent polyp extension. My Par values are weaker at the sides though. Probably closer to something like 200-300.

Just checked yours out and it's looking good to me. Didn't see a before pic, but I think it's almost there

I'd like to think that's normal. Everything started to encrust stupid fast for me,then slowed down. I haven't had any upward growth yet,at least enough to document. Idk mine took a huge hit when I did my Zeo experiment on the tank,and EVERYTHING lost color,some Zoa's still haven't opened a bunch of sps rtn'd and I lost them.

You really think the CC bulb is really pushing that much par out ? I'd barley give my light that much credit and I'm using all Luxeon Rebel es's and ExoticLed hyper violets lol.

I'd like to think that's normal. Everything started to encrust stupid fast for me,then slowed down. I haven't had any upward growth yet,at least enough to document. Idk mine took a huge hit when I did my Zeo experiment on the tank,and EVERYTHING lost color,some Zoa's still haven't opened a bunch of sps rtn'd and I lost them.

You really think the CC bulb is really pushing that much par out ? I'd barley give my light that much credit and I'm using all Luxeon Rebel es's and ExoticLed hyper violets lol.

I've heard Zeo is amazing or it can devastate a tank. Sorry to hear yours was the worse of the two paths! I haven't added any supplements or trace elements to mine. Trying to get what I need all through water changes. That seems to be the best.

I tested my Par values with a Seneye Par meter. Its tough because the tank is so little. Getting the meter into the right positions comes at a cost of knocking into things and making everything upset.

I've email CC in the past to ask more about the values and they confirmed some of the readings I was getting. The chart below is from their website. I have my bulb closer to about 3.5-4" from the water line. I also have 90* optics that opens it up to get more light to the sides.

I'll test out the Par meter again this weekend. As I think about it again 200-300 on the side could be a little high. I'll let you know what I find out.

CC Par Values - Par30 18k 14w

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/clay1414/media/cc_par_values.png.html'>cc_par_values.png

Well,my tank in my 7 gallon thread is 2.1 gallons,I had absolutely no wiggle room and that's what made everything go south. I just wanted to try and see what would happen lol. I knew what my outcome would be,so it was my own doings.

Really now ? That's crazy !! I never would have known they were putting out that much Par,that's good to know. It's probably out doing my light and I've got 2 3ups with 25k,5k,cyans,2 cool blues on one channel and 2 2up Royal Blues,2 single diode Royal blues,and 2 hyper violets @ 700ma running at Ch1: 30% and Ch2:80% respectively lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a macro tube for my camera ( Thx WildBill for the recommendation). Still learning the settings and will post more as I have time.

FTS soon.... Until then AoG Zoas

DSC_015_edit_1414268808583.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a plate coral for cheap. Fits in well. Planning on getting the camera out this week for updated pics.

-Cell pic-

477984F5-9280-409C-96E1-1680CD38A759.jpg

Tanks looking great- everyone seems happy- did you ever pic up some reef chili? I think you said you were gonna try some of the roti and oyster feast too- how ya like 'em

Archived