Pod Your Reef

UWdanno's IM Nuvo 4 Gallon

uwdanno

Your tank is looking awesome. Did the new pump have any negative effect on the ricordae garden? It's awesome that you are seeing solid growth. You are starting to fill the tank up pretty good!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet tank... would like to see pics of the ice demon shroom.... sounds fancy.... haha

Thanks! Ice Demon 'Shroom below. Its very cool. The pic doesn't show it, but its a deep dark red color with light blue spots on it. Ordered it from Legendary Corals - They're all about the fancy. :lol:

DSC_0081.jpg

Your tank is looking awesome. Did the new pump have any negative effect on the ricordae garden? It's awesome that you are seeing solid growth. You are starting to fill the tank up pretty good!

Thanks. I've been following your build too.

No negative effect on the Ricordea's YET but I did just put the pump in this morning. They are definitely feeling the flow. I plan to watch them today to see what the reaction is. I am hoping to make this more of an SPS tank but enjoy the Rics as well. Fingers crossed everyone can live in union!

The tank is filling up fast but I may be popping somethings out and bringing new stuff in. The large Cyphastrea frag is heading to a buds tank.

I am on the look out for -

Mystic Sunset Monti

JF Jack O Lantern Lepto :blink:

Another branching SPS - Birdsnest or Millepora.

And then when that all out grows the tank in 6 months.... BOOM... time for a bigger tank. omgomgomg

Front (Should've straightened the album cover, eh?)DSC_0138.jpg

Awwwwwwww! After seeing it like that, I want to give it some warm milk and rock it to sleep! It's so small. Seriously though. You have a nice build going . You are being selective about your frags(I'm not, I am a sucker for anything cheap). Keep on keepin' on!

Awwwwwwww! After seeing it like that, I want to give it some warm milk and rock it to sleep! It's so small. Seriously though. You have a nice build going . You are being selective about your frags(I'm not, I am a sucker for anything cheap). Keep on keepin' on!

Ha! This tank is tiny. After the rocks and equipment its probably closer to about 3 gallons.

The good thing is a small, less expensive frag looks like a colony right away.

Putting this out there mostly for my own reference -

Corals I am on the hunt for -Will take some time, but these are the next ones to go in the tank.

Ponape Birdsnest

Forestfire Digiata

Mystic Sunset Montipora

JF Jack O Lantern

great build, tank looks awesome! just one quick question about your lamp, is that just a regular desk lamp with the Par 30 bulb in it? and hows it been working for you?

Ooooooo what did ya get?

Candy Apple Monti

DSC_0153.jpg

Reeftech Sunburst Monti

debceffc3c1354bc686b62a4f3d1114a.jpg

Forestfire Digi and Leng Sy Monti

bd0c2f8a77b313af0ef2278224b658c1.jpg

Tyree Sunset Monti

af3e44ddc08475efdaed0603c2fb88d1.jpg

841188cfad15f9b2aab32be2f4a0b19f.jpg

great build, tank looks awesome! just one quick question about your lamp, is that just a regular desk lamp with the Par 30 bulb in it? and hows it been working for you?

Yep, just a regular desk lamp. It's working great so far. The gooseneck lamps are nice and more compact but they run about $50. This desk lamp is about $20. For the price it's working perfect

Damn, Danno! Montis are looking good! That sunset is sweet! Tank is looking good.

Thanks Bill. Just learned more than I had wanted about the alloys in magnets. I've got the montis on the glass held up with Home Depot magnets. Reading a couple threads it sounds like they rust and could impact tank health. I'll be ordering some reef safe ones tomorrow.

Tanks shot with a bottle of Phyto next to it to show tank size

20140930_20063_edit_1412129944391.jpg

20140930_20093_edit_1412129570572.jpg

DIY ATO. Works really well. Cheap and no risk of flooding the tank. Tracking evaporation rates to understand potential salinity swings

20140930_20085_edit_1412129701848.jpg

Nice! Those montis will probably grow out and shade your tank. Is that why you put them on magnets?

Yea, that and I want to be able to clean the glass. Hoping I can move them around. Ill be fragging those montis often. I dont plan to over stock the tank so some shaded areas wont hurt.

One I absolutely love this and it is now an inspiration for my 4G. Two, I need to know how you made that ATO cause my evaporation is through the roof. I would really appreciate it!

great little tank! love it!

is your firefish pretty active? i hear

they hide a lot. i'm buying my first fishies

for my 8g this weekend.

oooo you have a lot of my favorite corals!!!!

The forestfire and sunset are on my wishlist... I just ordered a ponape a few days ago and I already have your sunburst cap and Psammacora! :haha:

One I absolutely love this and it is now an inspiration for my 4G. Two, I need to know how you made that ATO cause my evaporation is through the roof. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks! I'm just trying to keep it clean and give things room to grow.Check out this thread for the how to on the DIY ATO. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/172031-nano-sapiens-12g-hmmmmin-along/It works great. Let me know if you have questions!

great little tank! love it! is your firefish pretty active? i hearthey hide a lot. i'm buying my first fishiesfor my 8g this weekend.

oooo you have a lot of my favorite corals!!!! The forestfire and sunset are on my wishlist... I just ordered a ponape a few days ago and I already have your sunburst cap and Psammacora! :haha:

The Firefish is pretty skittish and hides at the sight of any motion in the room. Luckily he hides in a hole out in the front of the tank. I can see his tiny head peek out to see if the coast is clear. Pretty fun to watch. I recommend them. My only advice would be to have a lid. They will jump outta the tank!

The Sunset Monti is pretty awesome. Great color and I have heard fast grower. The Forest Fire digi is one of my favs. When they are fully healthy the colors are really vibrant. I'll be following to hear about that Ponape. Thats the next branching SPS on my list to get. Very cool. Good luck with it.

Archived