• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tested the water:

Ammonia: 0.6
Nitrites: 0.0
Nitrates: 10
pH: 8.20

I bought live rock that had been in cured in a tank for several months and saltwater made by the LFS. Its only been cycling for a day or two so no concerns yet. Will check again in a week.

A bud of mine has a couple tanks and stopped by the other day with some frags from his tank. I'm still in my cycle but couldn't turn down some freebies.

Added...

2 blue legged hermits

1 red legged hermit

1 turbo (?) snail

Frogspawn

Purple zoas

Drip acclimated them all and after three days they all seem to be doing well. The Frog spawn isn't fully open today but I think the snail may have weaseled its way across him.

I'll have to practice getting better pics!

1253d8009d4b0daa52355ca0faa6bc18.jpg

97e883702e867b56e902885a5bbba01b.jpg

2178f49db6eb82a91aa91b649c535743.jpg

00521ee4ab93cfe76b60343f4646b2e3.jpg

Thanks JR. Testing my patience while it cycles. Still have another week or so.

I checked out your profile and may have missed it but is your pico still running?? I'm thinking through a skimmer and fuge similar to how you did. Seems like the best way to get the most out of these tanks.

Got a shipment in from Legendary Corals today. Great stuff! Highly recommend them for anyone looking for unique stuff. Fantastic customer service and great looking frags.

Things are starting to open up. I intend to get them off the plugs and on to the rocks once they get cozy and I get the right glue

Added to the tank today...

Snow Princess Zoas
Blue Diamond Zoas
Emerald Micro Zoas
Ice Demon Mushroom

5c074f09e5bd54ec258d608bc59494b1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rics landing at the foot of the rock

DSC_0075.jpg

Also added a Purple Firefish today. Watching the bioload closely. If it gets to high, he goes in a friends tank.

CSC_0010.jpg

Just found this thread! Glad to see the corals are all doing well. How was your friends reaction when he saw your present? :)

Darwin! Thanks for stopping by. My bud thought your corals were great. The are all fully open, looking healthy and center stage in his tank. Thanks again for the help.

Noticed you got some new stuff in. That new mushroom you've got is going fly off the shelf. Amazing.

Just ordered a par30 18k LED bulb from CC.

3 Deep Blue 455nm

2 Neutral White 4500k

1 Cool White 6500k

1 True Violet 420nm

Should help bring out some colors and let me do some of the more hardy SPS corals. Should be great.

par30vib18k-228x228.jpg

I like the design of your rock work and am a huge fan of zoanthids and ricordia. Great choice in the firefish. Will certainly be following along.

Added a Green Stripped Mushroom today... Cool looking but I am getting too much green color in the tank.

On the hunt for reds and blues now.....

af51dff8226f4ca57b27c273e9c0d85e.jpg

Awesome day for my tank. My new light arrived and its perfect. The colors on everything are popping and the Rics and Zoas are nice and full. It looks great.

Equally as good as a new light.... My Micro Emerald Zoas are open after 4 weeks of closed. Hoping the new light will make 'em fat and bright.

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/clay1414/media/DSC_0082.jpg.html'>DSC_0082.jpg

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/clay1414/media/DSC_0072.jpg.html'>DSC_0072.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Added a Kelly Green Psammacora and moved several things around... photo dump.

DSC_0080.jpg

Moved all the zoas to the right side of the tank. Saving the front for a JF Jack o Lantern Lepto and a Mystic Sunset Monti. The brown frag on the right is the bottom of the Meteor Shower Cyphastrea frag. I cut it off and I'm working to bring the color back.

DSC_0068.jpg

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/clay1414/media/DSC_0066.jpg.html'>DSC_0066.jpg

I like the armour of God zoas. Really nice looking setup. Do you like that light? Let's see the FTS.

To the top for the FTS! :) I'll post a pic that shows the whole light set up soon.

The AoG's are great. The color on them is awesome and they are always open. Can't do anything to make those little guys mad.

I love the light. Highly recommend it. I was worried that 18k was going to be too blue but its perfect. The corals are reacting really well to it too. Right now I have the bulb in a desk lamp. Its a bit GIANT compared to the size of the tank. I'm watching for a priced right goose neck to hang on the back of the tank.

Coral Compulsion added 90* optics for me. If you are considering it for your 14 gal, I think I'd have them do 120* optics.

To the top for the FTS! :) I'll post a pic that shows the whole light set up soon.

The AoG's are great. The color on them is awesome and they are always open. Can't do anything to make those little guys mad.

I love the light. Highly recommend it. I was worried that 18k was going to be too blue but its perfect. The corals are reacting really well to it too. Right now I have the bulb in a desk lamp. Its a bit GIANT compared to the size of the tank. I'm watching for a priced right goose neck to hang on the back of the tank.

Coral Compulsion added 90* optics for me. If you are considering it for your 14 gal, I think I'd have them do 120* optics.

I just got new lighting for my 14. I am just thinking of a future setup. I need to do more research on them. I have seen a few people using that light and wanted your thoughts. I do like the colors on it. How long will it last?

I just got new lighting for my 14. I am just thinking of a future setup. I need to do more research on them. I have seen a few people using that light and wanted your thoughts. I do like the colors on it. How long will it last?

The bulbs have a three yr warranty on them, so I'm guessing they should last at least that long. Here is the website http://coralcompulsion.com/led/PAR-BULBS/led-21w-18k

The only draw back is you can't have a "moonlight" setting. All the LEDs are on at once or off.

Started feeding 1ml Phyto Plankton daily along with the frozen Mysis every other day. Too early to see any response.

I've also reduced the time the lights are on to fight a small Cyno out break. I've been doing 30% water changes weekly. Now doing 10% 2x week and 30% once - until the Cyno is gone.

Tested Kalk last night and it came out 8.232. With only doing water changes and not dosing anything, I am happy with that.

My Kelly Green Psammacora is already showing growth at the tips. The polyps on it have been fully extended for the past week. VERY happy with it.

-Cell phone pic-

f680ec1b-4648-42f8-9691-fb6c63b48dc7.jpg

Upgraded to the Mini Jet 606. This baby kicks out the GPH for such a small pump. I've now moved from the stock 53gph Innovative Marine pump to a 100gph Aqueon pump and now the 153gph Mini Jet.

I can already tell the flow is much better for SPS and the tank is turning over about 51 times/hour.

30ea216cbef8b01c9e59d45b89b673c8.jpg

Archived