Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Show us your super clean tank designs

duganderson

duganderson

I love the idea of super clean tank designs where you can't see overflows, pumps, wires, etc. much. Please share photos of your tank or others you have seen.

I'm most interested in building something in the 20--35 g. range

duganderson

Looks nice. Do yo have any photos or a build thread that show the overflow, pumps, etc.?

Clean as I can get it, my 75g!

20140615_203708_zpsrbre3ncz.jpg

Here's my first FTS. I have to move the rock around to hide more of the entry/exit points but you'll get the idea of how it could/should look.

zsUDJx2.jpg

Mine is fairly clean. Right now the lights are a mess, as in heatsinks sitting on a screen lid, but in a few weeks I hope to have them in custom made pendant lights. Past that, the only real "out of place" thing you notice is my power head.

Sorry about the crappy quality.

BTAtS6y.jpg

I like that "bridge" tank bob115! great aquascaping!

Also to the OP, a great way to hide your equipment is to build a sump/refugium, i.e. a seperate/connected tank to house all the filters/heaters/etc. All I have in my DT is my Korelia Nano powerhead. (yet it is still a big eye sore TBH, lol)

Fluval edge 12 gallon

Edit: you beat me to it

How easy/difficult is it to get your hands in there? Are there no issues with gas exchange even though its totally closed?

You have to take out quite a bit of water out (around 1 gallon or so) if you want to stick your arm in up to your elbow and move stuff around, LR is a bit difficult to find and piece together, you need small dense pieces because the "hole" you are working with is roughly 7x7", but all in all its been pretty great, the hood has perforations in its metal top piece so gasses can escape. Also the back housing(for all the wiring and junk HOB filter n such) is part of that hood so potentially air can flow up through that and out the top, sort of like a chimney I suppose. I just plan my construction/destruction around my water changes, that way I am stirring up the tank might as well change the water too. PS I can only fit one arm in at a time so sometimes that is a challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived