inTank Media Baskets

Product Showcase: 22k SuperBlu PAR30

CoralCompulsion

CoralCompulsion
When it comes to our PAR30 line of bulbs, our two most popular bulbs are our Refugium Grow and 18k Vibrance bulbs. However, many people are not very familiar with the third bulb in our PAR30 line, our 22k SuperBlu.

14w 22k SuperBlu PAR30 - $59.99
par30blu22k_zps867ef42c.jpg
The 22k SuperBlu bulb was the last bulb that was added to our PAR30 line late last year. Like many of our designs, it actually started from a custom design request internally here. We have some people here who keep nanos with primarily zoas and LPS, really bright stuff, and they tend to like their tanks to be very blue to bring out those fluorescent colors.
We worked out a design utilizing two different spectrums of blue, royal blue 455nm and cool blue 470nm, along with a single warm white 3000k diode. The abundance of the two blue spectrums give insane pop to fluorescent color coral, while the single warm white brings just enough of the additional spectrums of light to ensure good growth in the coral.
So, if you have a nano tank, full of bright fluorescent corals, and you want it to glow like its from another planet, or like some of those frag tanks you see at a frag swap, then the 22k SuperBlu PAR30 is the bulb for you.
You can purchase them right here:
As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.
Also, watch next month for the release of an upgrade to a couple of our most innovative products!

I can tell you I just got my 40W Par 38 22k and it is exactly what I was looking for to get my coral to literally EXPLODE with color.

• 2 weeks later...

would be nice if there are photos showing each light (18K vibrance and 22K superblu) on the same tank for comparison :)

+1

I'm about to buy a PAR bulb, likely from CC but can't decide which.

Edit: I thought there was a 22k PAR 38? If you guys do pictures, get some full res ones please. It's hard to tell what is best when they're like 200x200 and blurry.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a 22k PAR 30 Bulb and I love it! Here is a FTS and I have a build thread somewhere lol. CC has some of the best customer service that I have come across!! Thank you everyone.

20141007_092924_zpsanjoh9vr.jpg

P.S.

If you think I should adjust my bulb please feel free to let me know. I just want to get the best coverage in the tank.

CoralCompulsion

I just purchased a 22k PAR 30 Bulb and I love it! Here is a FTS and I have a build thread somewhere lol. CC has some of the best customer service that I have come across!! Thank you everyone.

20141007_092924_zpsanjoh9vr.jpg

P.S.

If you think I should adjust my bulb please feel free to let me know. I just want to get the best coverage in the tank.

Glad its working out well for you. Looks great! I think you have it setup perfectly.

Would this bulb with your gooseneck provide enough coverage for a 12"w x 12"l x 10"h 5g pico?

If so, would it be good for growing zoas/softies, or is the color spectrum meant just to make the corals look good?

Sorry for the noob questions, but when it comes to color combos, I'm pretty clueless :(

CoralCompulsion

Yes, either of our PAR30 bulbs with our gooseneck fixture would work very well for a tank that size.

Regarding the color spectrum, it will indeed provide good growth for any corals in that size tank. Both of the PAR30 bulbs we offer, 18k vibrance and 22k superblu, would give you good growth in the tank. The question would be whether you prefer a more blue tank, or a more white tank. The 18k vibrance version will give your tank more of a crisp bluish white color overall, whereas the 22k superblu version will be a very blue color tank, with more accent on fluorescent corals.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks.

Archived