Top Shelf Aquatics

Spida's M-Aqua7.5 Officially Upgraded

Spiderguardnano

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too can vouch for dave's awesome customer service skills. here's hoping it's something simple like the driver board. those aren't that hard to replace. just to be sure if you take a multimeter and set it on dc voltage does it see 5v coming out of all the storms pwm pins?

Spiderguardnano

I too can vouch for dave's awesome customer service skills. here's hoping it's something simple like the driver board. those aren't that hard to replace. just to be sure if you take a multimeter and set it on dc voltage does it see 5v coming out of all the storms pwm pins?

I vouch for Dave's awesomeness! He will have u in going in no time.

Rofl. You get those light settings worked out?

Channel 6 for me is blues and channel 5 is whites. Did you try all the channels under PWR day?

Just checking, do you have the pins plugged into the storm controller right?

Just spoke to dave today and he asked me to send the light back

so as we speak the light is somewhere in the us on its way back to dave

i really think i did everything right to make this light work i even spoke to alexb on the phone so he can walk me through the setup of the light.

will keep you guys posted.

On some tank news

i got a 3p rasta frag and hopefully drama sells me his gold torch :)

NanoBiscuit

Love the zoa garden you have started. I'm considering starting up a Mr. Aqua 7.5g, the dimensions seem pretty fun. Good luck with the light, hopefully it gets taken care of soon.

Spiderguardnano

Love the zoa garden you have started. I'm considering starting up a Mr. Aqua 7.5g, the dimensions seem pretty fun. Good luck with the light, hopefully it gets taken care of soon.

Thanks man this tank is actually really fun very easy to to do water changes and keep clean. The only regret is not drilling the tank just for the cleaness factor of not having a hob filter.

I've been thinking of a mame overflow but we'll see how this tank looks like in like 5 months to see if I want to invest in that.

I've been thinking of a mame overflow but we'll see how this tank looks like in like 5 months to see if I want to invest in that.

I too have been eyeing a Mame. But at the same time, that would mean I would have to build a sump too & probably a new stand.

Keep us updated about that light!

Thanks man this tank is actually really fun very easy to to do water changes and keep clean. The only regret is not drilling the tank just for the cleaness factor of not having a hob filter.

Lily pipes + canister = money

Spiderguardnano

Lily pipes + canister = money

Your liking that set up so far?

How is the surface skiming conning?

Also could you run lily pipes to a sump?

I'm liking it. The outflow of most lily pipes is designed to disturb the surface. It points towards the top and keep the flow gentle, but still breaking the surface. I don't have any surface film or anything like that. The reason i went with this setup is because I wanted to keep it simple. No skimming, ect. I've found it's pretty simply to keep up. My phosphates and nitrates are low. I do a water change and clean the canister every 2 weeks. The 3/4 gallon of water in the canister counts as my water change. So far so good.

I also am conscious about my bioload. The setup only has 1 tiny fish and I feed 1 time a day.

True dat, but you can't hide that ATO :(.

In my case it's form over function. Lol...there is nothing sexier than a little pico with lily pipes. Maybe that's the planted tank guy in me, but lily pipes are sex. I could have gone with a mame on my tank. But it's a lot bigger and bulkier. Lily pipes look phenomenal on little tanks.

Also what's a ato??....lol...I top off my pico 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once before I go to bed. Takes me 5 seconds max. I will make that sacrifice to have sexy pipes ;)

The day I go out of town, I will hook up my spare ato and call it good!!

In my case it's form over function. Lol...there is nothing sexier than a little pico with lily pipes. Maybe that's the planted tank guy in me, but lily pipes are sex. I could have gone with a mame on my tank. But it's a lot bigger and bulkier. Lily pipes look phenomenal on little tanks.

Also what's a ato??....lol...I top off my pico 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once before I go to bed. Takes me 5 seconds max. I will make that sacrifice to have sexy pipes ;)

The day I go out of town, I will hook up my spare ato and call it good!!

Oh Agreed. Lily pipes are sex.

Do you really only have to top off your pico 2 times a day? Maybe I'll run my tank without an ATO for a week and see how it goes....

Oh Agreed. Lily pipes are sex.

Do you really only have to top off your pico 2 times a day? Maybe I'll run my tank without an ATO for a week and see how it goes....

Yea that's it for now. Don't know if it will be worse come winter or anything. I doubt it because it's Florida and are winters are nothing crazy. I have a big plastic cup under the stand. It last me 2-3 days. I don't go through much. Sometimes I only top it off 1 time a day.

Spiderguardnano

Did you buy the Clam?

What's up man not yet. I have some pending corals at aqua sd and I don't want to add anything new until I add the nanobox I don't want to add more stress

As far as the clam I'll most likely add one around the 5 month mark just to insure my tank is more stable

Did you get a clam?

Laughing w/ you. Congrats on the new light, did it come with a storm controller?

Drama when can I pick up the gold torch? :)

I may be going down to aw this weekend for some plumbing parts. If I go I can hitnyou up and bring it with me. It was looking pretty nice last night

JavaJacketOC

What's up man not yet. I have some pending corals at aqua sd and I don't want to add anything new until I add the nanobox I don't want to add more stress

As far as the clam I'll most likely add one around the 5 month mark just to insure my tank is more stable

Did you get a clam?

Drama when can I pick up the gold torch? :)

I went back to see if they still have the purple and black one but it was gone...they have a new one that's similar but not as good looking. There is a LFS in my area that has tiny maximas..like 1" and 1.5", I think if anything I might consider one of those since they wouldn't take to much to feed.

lilmatty5dimes

Awesome zoa garden you've got going. watch out buying a clam. you'll be like me and get a clam fever going and have 3 or 4 in the tank before you know it. lol of course the lfs is 20mins for the ora place so he sells them for $30. can't beat that. tank is looking great keep up the good work

Spiderguardnano

hey your tanks coming along great man. Fun to come back and see how things have progressed in a rather drastic way haha.

lol what do you mean in a drastic way?

the nanobox was delayed due to a problem

your tank is looking was sicker with t5s added

lol what do you mean in a drastic way?

the nanobox was delayed due to a problem

your tank is looking was sicker with t5s added

HA when i took my hiatus from NR you were still in the planning stages of your tank hence the huge change.

Archived