Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spida's M-Aqua7.5 Officially Upgraded

Spiderguardnano

Spiderguardnano

Thinking about adding my first fish next week my LFS has a great looking mohawk clown that I've been eyeing for the past week

Also adding a blast frag

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vegasgundog

How long has the tank been running? I looked back through and couldnt find it. If params are good and tank has cycled for 3-4 weeks. When my bc29 was just starting, I noticed I got a mini cycle when I started adding stuff. I tried to be patient but probably rushed things.

Looks nice btw.

Spiderguardnano

How long has the tank been running? I looked back through and couldnt find it. If params are good and tank has cycled for 3-4 weeks. When my bc29 was just starting, I noticed I got a mini cycle when I started adding stuff. I tried to be patient but probably rushed things.

Looks nice btw.

The tank has been running for about a month before i added my cuc

taking it as slow as i can if everything still looks good ill be adding my first clown in 2 weeks

I'd start with a green chromis first and if it survives a week then take it back to lfs and get your clown. Kinda like a tester fish. Last thing you want to do is spend some $ on a fish and it die with in a week. Its like throwing your money in the trash.

Jmo and what I would do, I'm sure others would have other opinions.

vegasgundog

I may be wrong but I think if you are going to do clown pairs you need to add them at one time rather than over time. Seems thats I was instructed to do.

Spiderguardnano

I'd start with a green chromis first and if it survives a week then take it back to lfs and get your clown. Kinda like a tester fish. Last thing you want to do is spend some $ on a fish and it die with in a week. Its like throwing your money in the trash.

Jmo and what I would do, I'm sure others would have other opinions.

Damm thanks drama i think that what I'm going to do

rather than just throw a $60 clown and it dies

yo did you see the crazy sale reefers garage had?

i picked up some good stuff from them

it seems like everyone in sd had crazy sales and it all happened when i was broke

I may be wrong but I think if you are going to do clown pairs you need to add them at one time rather than over time. Seems thats I was instructed to do.

i never knew that i hope someone can chime in on if i should added the pair or one by one

Yeah I've seen the craziness, awesome deals to be had everywhere. Im holding out for some rare blastos. Pricey but I want to create a blasto garden in my microreefs tank. Transferring everything over to my other tanks and go from there

Spiderguardnano

Yeah I've seen the craziness, awesome deals to be had everywhere. Im holding out for some rare blastos. Pricey but I want to create a blasto garden in my microreefs tank. Transferring everything over to my other tanks and go from there

that sounds sick

i was able to grab a blastos frag, some space invaders, campfire zoas and some gold mauls

super excited to pick them up

vegasgundog

Adding pairs at one time has to do with taking care of the aggression factor at once. Smallest clown becomes the boy and the larger becomes the female and smacks the crap outa the boy and gets him in line. Adding them together lets the process progress slowly rather than having a single clown having a roomie suddnely show up on her reef.

lilmatty5dimes

awesome start to your zoa collection. i would add the pair to get the aggression out quicker. here's a pic of my 7.5g before i had to sell it.

sand bed

IMG_9546_zps9320e325.jpg

rock work

IMG_9547_zpsb3742f66.jpg

Keep up the great work.

Spiderguardnano

awesome start to your zoa collection. i would add the pair to get the aggression out quicker. here's a pic of my 7.5g before i had to sell it.

sand bed

IMG_9546_zps9320e325.jpg

rock work

IMG_9547_zpsb3742f66.jpg

Keep up the great work.

looks awesome what kind of lighting did you have over this?

did you dose anything or just water changes?

lilmatty5dimes

looks awesome what kind of lighting did you have over this?

did you dose anything or just water changes?

i had a reef breeder value fixture.

i never dosed anything. i'm a firm believer it should be kept without any other kinds of chemicals. i did run a tablespoon of carbon and gfo. maintenance on it was a gallon water change once a week usually on sunday and every month i would change the gfo and carbon and clean the aquaclear. probably one of the easiest and best looking tanks i've owned.

Spiderguardnano

UPDATE!!

so i drove 30mins to grab my frags i got on a live sale

i was able to pick up

3p Tyree space monster

2p gold maul

2P campfire zoa

2p blasto

all for $48

i think i got some good deals. pictures will come maybe tomorrow when there happy because i just dipped them and did a water change so there pissed off

in tank basket is installed as well

lilmatty5dimes

Wow thats a great deal. I'm having such a problem finding space monsters down here. I think I paid $30 for , y golden mauls. Soon its going to be zoa heaven in there.

Spiderguardnano

here are some teaser pics to hold you guys off till tomorrow ;)

excuse the iPhone 4 photos

91a26a2a-6c71-46c0-8f74-2ef7383f56d2_zpsba3ac730a-dc14-441b-8c9c-657ee99aca4e_zps

Pissed off campfires

92310b10-be00-46fb-8130-12d6e0ff2305_zps

can't seem to get good pics of the space monster with my iPhone

Reefergirl82

Thank you

so did those hornets sell?? i needs them :'(

They are pending.....

I'll let you know on Friday. The guy is supposed to come get them on Friday morning but you never know. If not I'll put them aside for you for next week

Spiderguardnano

So idk if this is something to be excited about but i was looking at my filter today and i see a bunch of small coralline spots everywhere

awesome frags def worth it.

dang i just passed on 3 heads of red and blue hornets for $25.

i just missed a some great looking hornets i thinks 3p for $20

where you running a hob or sump or you 7g?

Spiderguardnano

its been crazy hot in sd these past few days my tank stays at 78 but from 12-6 its about 80-82 degrees

idk if i should be worried about these temp swings but the zoas in the tank are still open and seem happy

Nanofreak79

It's always best to keep your tank from having temp swings. I use my air once it starts getting hot out. If you can't keep the environment cool, it's tough to deal with temp swings in a small tank. 82* isn't going to kill anything.

Get a fan. It will help but your evap will increase. Setting up an ato will help keep salinity sable with the increased evap. Or buy a chiller. Id opt for a fan to start

Spiderguardnano

Get a fan. It will help but your evap will increase. Setting up an ato will help keep salinity sable with the increased evap. Or buy a chiller. Id opt for a fan to start

drama how you dealing with the hot temps i remember you saying you were getting a chiller?

It's always best to keep your tank from having temp swings. I use my air once it starts getting hot out. If you can't keep the environment cool, it's tough to deal with temp swings in a small tank. 82* isn't going to kill anything.

added a fan to the tank today hopefully it helps

unfortunately my apartment doesn't have air conditioning

Archived