Pod Your Reef

got2envy's 20g Macroalgaes with Flower Power!

got2envy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my very nice love that purple one on the first page.

I have one rock flower lime green center orange skirt would love to get another bright color one day

Hahaha!!! I know. seriously $500 in this hobby is :slap:

I am only gonna pick 3 or 4 to go in the contest tank for now since it runs for 3 months...then I will add the others :)

That's why so many in the contest are picos. :lol: seriously that is a very small budget. I'm curious why there isn't a $$ for fish included.

sweet - that is going to be pretty awesome ... where are you ordering them from?

I am getting them from VIP :)

Oh my very nice love that purple one on the first page.

I have one rock flower lime green center orange skirt would love to get another bright color one day

Thanks!!

Very nice.. love those flowers. Mine are plain-Jane but love them just the same..

Following..

Even the plain ones are pretty.

Thanks for following! :)

That's why so many in the contest are picos. :lol: seriously that is a very small budget. I'm curious why there isn't a $$ for fish included.

Thank gawd fish and CUC are not included....that would stink!

Thanks everyone!

I added the RFA's to the tank! omgomgomg:scarry:

Here are some close ups of the Seachem Silver Shore substrate...there doesn't seem to be much info about it for some reason...it looks heavy but it is as light as a feather. The RFA's are not fully open and probably won't till they find a spot and attach their foot to the bottom.

2ec20797-ed98-4ec1-840c-10054860f081.jpg

fd4185e8-6c5f-4664-8a91-016968e6f7b0.jpg

29c0b02e-7d43-4d2b-bf26-bafe407053e0.jpg

Thanks for following!

+1 ^ that is sum B) substrate

Some serious flower-power02-flower-power-love-smiley-happy hippy ish going in hur! Digging the scape. This looks like a fun azz build, congrats!

I think its pretty cool looking! Its a light gray mixed with white. So far so good. I hope the nems like it :)

Thanks Z!

Nanofreak79

Your off to a great start. I'm a little behind in mine, but hope to jump start the cycle and get caught up. Good luck!

These contest normally have money caps because it wouldnt be a reefing a contest but a who has more expendable income contest instead. And lots of people really get their jollies off on people liking their tanks. Theres nothing wrong with it but its unfair for everyone else really.

With that being said WOW this tank is gonna be sweet. cant wait to see how it looks when your 500 limit contest is over!

Yes it wouldn't be a contest if you could put in whatever you want...especially R2R, there are some serious high rollers there :lol:

Glad to know you are entering the contest NF!

I figure...hey, if you are starting a new tank anyways....might as well try and win some prizes! ;)

I am ahead but I can't add much more with the $500 limit so I will have to be very picky!

Looking more and more awesome. Thats is some unique substrate. Do your think deterious will get trapped in it? Looks chunky

I Don't know...I Don't feed heavy so hopefully I won't have a problem...there is also a 2" layer of fine sand under it. I will make sure I load up on nassarius snails :)

got2envy, do you mind me asking what do some of these Rock Flower Anemones cost?

I wish we had some of those incredible colors here but I am just thankful for the one I have which is still quite nice, I will have to post a pic of it. But the mouth area is a purple/brown with lime green around it then a nice orange fringe. It's the most colorful I have seen here but would sure love to get my hands on one with some blue, maybe one day if they ever get them here. Most people want the larger anemones for their tanks plus don't want to pay the higher prices for these ones so I guess it all comes down to supply and demand.

Very nice tank you have there :)

Here are some close ups of the Seachem Silver Shore substrate...there doesn't seem to be much info about it for some reason...it looks heavy but it is as light as a feather. The RFA's are not fully open and probably won't till they find a spot and attach their foot to the bottom.

That's a very interesting substrate material. I checked the Seachem website but it's hard to really 'get' how it looks from the pictures. It reminds me of a clamshell road that I'd see back home outside New Orleans. I'll have to talk you into letting me check it out sometime..

got2envy, do you mind me asking what do some of these Rock Flower Anemones cost?

I wish we had some of those incredible colors here but I am just thankful for the one I have which is still quite nice, I will have to post a pic of it. But the mouth area is a purple/brown with lime green around it then a nice orange fringe. It's the most colorful I have seen here but would sure love to get my hands on one with some blue, maybe one day if they ever get them here. Most people want the larger anemones for their tanks plus don't want to pay the higher prices for these ones so I guess it all comes down to supply and demand.

Very nice tank you have there :)

Thanks! They vary from $40 - $120 depending on the colors...take a look at VIPreef.com

That's a very interesting substrate material. I checked the Seachem website but it's hard to really 'get' how it looks from the pictures. It reminds me of a clamshell road that I'd see back home outside New Orleans. I'll have to talk you into letting me check it out sometime..

Sure! Whenever you want to drop by let me know :)

Nice tank, I really like that substrate do you mind telling me where you ordered it from?

Thanks! I got it at Premium Aquatics.

Thanks for following guys!

I added a little macroalgae today :)

Red grape

Red Titan

Red flame

Ochtodes- Thanks Gena!

Caulepa Prolifera

Caulepa Paspaloides (green feather)

Blue scroll

Rose petal

IMG_20140706_115814__edit_1404667610870.

IMG_20140706_11585_edit_1404667675557.jp

IMG_20140706_11583_edit_1404667927469.jp

IMG_20140706_11593_edit_1404667884247.jp

IMG_20140706_11591_edit_1404667751938.jp

IMG_20140706_11592_edit_1404667798785.jp

IMG_20140706_11592_edit_1404667843252.jp

IMG_20140706_12000_edit_1404667970179.jp

Thanks for following

M

Archived