inTank Media Baskets

Share your Settings

Exquitas

Hi guys,

I thought it would be great to share your bluefish settings with everyone. Those could help newcomers to reefing and everybody else to optimise their settings.

Please describe what LEDs you are using and upload Screenshots of your settings from your phone for better overview in the thread. Also (this is fully optional) if you want, you can describe why you've chosen the location for weather simulation you currently have.

I'll start :)

========================================================

LEDs:

DIY LED Array

- 3x 3up 2RB/1WW @700ma

- 3x True Violet 405nm @700ma

- 1x OCW (Ocean Coral White) @700ma

- 1x 3W RB @500ma [Moonlight]

- 1x 3up 2RB/1WW + 2x UV 405nm @700ma [sump]

Male, Maldives - I was there (well not in Male itself, but one of the islands around), once, for 1 week, alone with nobody else snorkeling at the reef around the island. That was a moment I always want to remember. It was one of those days where you can see the beauty of our planet, live and not on Discovery Channel. Basically, that was the week that got me into reefing.

Screenshots:

n2ooqqzq.png

Since I'm using "Natural Sun", I don't need to post my Morning/Evening Settings.

vrb36ovx.png

========================================================

Let's see what you guys have :)

• 2 months later...
  • Location: Fiji (no real reason, it was the default location, I may change it later)
  • Simulation Options:
    • On: Clouds, Storms (Lightning Color set at 100% of all channels, which was the default), Sunrise, Lunar Cycle
    • Off: Natural Sun, Sunset
  • Light Intensities (NanoBox Duo over 16g Nuvo -):
    • Morning: 9am for 4.5 hours, Ramps 90 min, Whites 20%, Blues 35%
    • Midday: Ramps 90 min, Whites 25%, Blues 50%
    • Evening: 4.5 hours, Ramps 90 min, Whites 20%, Blues 35%
    • Night: 8pm, Ramps 90 min, dedicated Moonlight channel 20%
    • (This light replaced my not-so-powerful stock lights, so the settings are low - I'll be ramping up over the next few weeks)

Haven't figured out the webcam yet, but hope to have that and a bluetooth-connected speaker up and running soon.

Also, one question: if I've enabled the Sunrise option, and Fiji's sun rises at 6:33 am (Fiji time), and my Morning is set to start at 9am (my local time)...what happens? Will the light mimic Fiji 100% and turn on at 6:33 am (my time), overriding my Morning start-time setting? If that's how it works, is there anyway to offset the Sunrise start times (i.e. "local Fiji time + 3 hours," so if the sun rises at 6:33 am in Fiji, it'd rise at 9:33 am in my tank, etc.)?

Archived