Coral Vue Hydros

- NYR's Fusion 30L [First Tank] - [Testing Corals]

NYR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been toying with the idea of adding an MP-10 to this tank. I currently have nothing but the stock pump and returns for flow. How do you like the MP-10 in there?

I like it so far, I'm sure i'll appreciate it a lot more once i get some corals in here. It's nice to be able to tweak the modes and flow rate. I considered the jebao wp as well and the new maxspect riptide looks interesting too. I'd probably try one of those for the other side if I ended up needing more flow

Yeah I was just wondering if it would end up being too much flow given the stock returns. And yeah, the prospect of the riptide isn't making my decision any easier lol. Although, the ability to hook up that MP-10 to a battery backup is a huge plus in my debate.

Yeah I was just wondering if it would end up being too much flow given the stock returns. And yeah, the prospect of the riptide isn't making my decision any easier lol. Although, the ability to hook up that MP-10 to a battery backup is a huge plus in my debate.

Dan posted a vid in his thread of a Fusion 30L with an mp-10, looked like he was getting decent flow on corals

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/347436-dans-lagoon-im-fusion-30l-build/

Haven't updated in a while..My water params have been spot on so i added a ric and hammer to see how corals would hold up. A few days after adding them, i started getting diatoms (most likely due to feeding) and they are increasing every day.

Lastly, I was making RODI water on tuesday to do a water change wednesday and figured I had 10 minutes before it was done. I started looking at pictures of zoas online and then went upstairs to shower [totally forgot about the water]. As soon as I was about to get in i thought "Shiiiiit", probably like 20+ minutes went by so i ran downstairs and the last set of pics is where i caught the RODI water in my 5 gallon bucket.

Hammer i got locally

DXKIbuv.jpg?1

photo3_zps4ae28d87.jpg

Diatoms, taken today

00e71e35-3f4c-4f92-b359-009a2fbe7fac_zps

How lucky am I...RODI Infinity Pool

photo5_zpsa718b2ac.jpg

photo11_zps43a94925.jpg

jackiemazzer

Hi there, I'm following your thread from here in the UK. I've ordered a Fusion 30L but I won't be setting up for 6 months or so as the room it's going in is being refurbished.

The first tanks are due to land on UK soil next week so there aren't currently any Fusion owners here and as such, no threads to follow either. I'm trying to keep my eye on as many Fusion tanks in the USA that I come across and yours is one of them. I have to say it's all looking great so far, I love your new hammer coral.

I felt I had to post a reply today as it really tickled me seeing your 'RODI infinity pool'! Haha....that's just the kind of thing I'll end up doing but mine will no doubt overflow before I remember!

Anyway bye for now and keep the updates coming please, they are much appreciated by the likes of myself.

Cheers, Jackie :)

Hi there, I'm following your thread from here in the UK. I've ordered a Fusion 30L but I won't be setting up for 6 months or so as the room it's going in is being refurbished.

The first tanks are due to land on UK soil next week so there aren't currently any Fusion owners here and as such, no threads to follow either. I'm trying to keep my eye on as many Fusion tanks in the USA that I come across and yours is one of them. I have to say it's all looking great so far, I love your new hammer coral.

I felt I had to post a reply today as it really tickled me seeing your 'RODI infinity pool'! Haha....that's just the kind of thing I'll end up doing but mine will no doubt overflow before I remember!

Anyway bye for now and keep the updates coming please, they are much appreciated by the likes of myself.

Cheers, Jackie :)

Thank you very much! You can live through my Amateur-ness until Fusions land in the UK. Tank is going to look pretty ugly until the diatoms peak and then begin to disappear, but i'll try to update as much as possible!

New corals look great, I was actually thinking of adding those to my tank as well hah. And nice catch on the bucket, you were wicked lucky

I really thought I was going to come down to a gallon on the floor haha, really really close call

• 2 weeks later...

I forget things like that too. maybe we ought to set a timer with alarm whenever we do things like leave the water running or turning the pumps off for feeding time etc. Anything that could do damage if we forget about it for an hour or a day.

BTW, tank is looking great. Can't wait to see it in a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Great start to your Fusion 30. They are beautiful aquariums and allow for some nice aquascaping with the 3 foot blueprint. Looking forward to some updates and will be following along. Good luck with the aquarium.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

Long time no update. I've had diatoms for quite some time now so I haven't been going crazy with pictures. Yesterday I bought a duncan and torch coral from a local shop. And the hammer is still lookin good!

I think the diatoms are related to me over-feeding + starting the lights on a normal schedule instead of ramping them up gradually.

IMAG0077_zps3cb075c4.jpg

IMAG0078_zpsde4faaa4.jpg

IMAG0080_zps0ba71670.jpg

Nice tank. Your avatar leaves something to be desired though.... :P

haha hey I said going in I'd rather lose in the finals to anyone then lose in the ECF to the Habs!!

Archived