inTank Media Baskets

Spud's Fluvial Spec V office tank

spudwrench

Unsure yet exactly. I know a b/w clown will be going in temporarily until I get finished with my fish room. I'm thinking some acans, zoas, palys, maybe some shrimp, crabs. Maybe a small carpet anemone.

If anything,I would have gotten a lover heatsink to span the length of the tank to spread the light throughout the tank. Instead of having it like a giant par bulb. I'm sure you'll probably notice the light is going to be super focused on the center of the tank,you shouldn't have any issues with dim edges of the tank.

Limes are a led that has the spectrum of metal halides,and is a good filler for blues and whites. From what JediMasterBen says and tested,it produceses a good amount of par. It's pretty much a white led. Honestly,you're using neutral and warm whites correct ? If so,you could drop the other color leds like reds and green due to the whites filling that spectral field.

I love coralux's products. I have their Storm controller and 2up board. I'm also about to add another Storm to the family for my girlfriends light,and redo my drivers with a 4up board and 4 LDD h's. 3 1000mA's and a 700 for my uv's.

spudwrench

Actually the tank is so small with them being clustered together with no optics the light is spread pretty even and by me keeping them together the leds don't have the disco effect.

I tested them and I love the storm effect and the color is amazing well right up until the blue channel quit working for some odd reason. Back to check all the wiring.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/superclown13/media/20140701_175836_zpsgag2um7x.jpg.html'>20140701_175836_zpsgag2um7x.jpg

spudwrench

Looks like for some reason the uv and a royal blue blew. There is no discoloration on the led itself so I'm not sure what happened

spudwrench

20140705_003735_RichtoneHDR_zpsdoqpvcvl.added clownfish last night and today he is happily swimming around

On a odd note I also added one of my test corals that was a spare zoa frag/ with a Kenya tree attached to it. Had about 12 polyps on it. I think this frag has been growing slowly over about a year or so in my other tank.

I came home tonight to find the red hermit crab I had already added to the tank at the beginning of the cycle on top of the coral eating away at it. My first thought was maybe the zoas had melted and the crab was just cleaning up around it. but then I witnessed with my own eyes him munching on the Kenya tree.

I have been reefing for at least 5 years now and I have never seen a hermit crab eat coral.???? I know the tank has been well fed since day one so it can't be he is starving. anyone else ever experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is doing fantastic water quality Is great all the corals are happy and have really started to open up. I got the coralux storm figured out and I am sold on the sunrise / sunset. I will be dragging a few more corals this week from my other tank and post some pics once everything is settled.

Archived