Top Shelf Aquatics

Online/mail order water testing

sunburn

Do you mean to order testing supplies from?

If so, you can buy most testing supplies from amazon. Or from any of the big name aquarium supply stores:

Marinedeopt.com

Bulkreefsupply.com

saltysupply.com

Look in the sponsors section for more.

Do you mean to order testing supplies from?

If so, you can buy most testing supplies from amazon. Or from any of the big name aquarium supply stores:

Marinedeopt.com

Bulkreefsupply.com

saltysupply.com

Look in the sponsors section for more.

I meant one of those services that you send water samples to and they test your water. I have been getting some questionable test results from my Hanna and Red Sea kits and want to double check them.

Do you mean specifically for testing aquarium water? Didn't even know those existed.

Usually, people seem to go to the LFS to compare test results when in doubt.

Sorry no personal experience with any of them.

I have been getting some questionable test results from my Hanna and Red Sea kits and want to double check them.

Just curious, what are you testing for, and why do you consider the results questionable?

So long as the dates on your test kits aren't expired, they are likely pretty reliable. If I ever get a reading that is off, I'll take a sample to my LFS and have them test it, and I don't think they ever found anything different that what I got.

Also, I have found if you store the test kit chemicals in an area with light, especially sunlight, this causes all sorts of problems as it degrades chemicals really fast, and washes out the comparison color charts too.

Archived