ReefCleaners.org

SpectraPure CSPDI-90

pazzo40

I purchased this unit back in late 2010. I haven't replaced the filters yet. I'm getting 0 TDS out of the inline TDS meter and a little under 1 on my com-100. I think I should replace all the filters including the membrane. Can I replace the filters with better ones? Is it worth it? Or should I buy a new refurbished unit? A four staged one? I believe mine is only 3.

AZDesertRat

What is your tap water TDS, your RO only TDS and your final RO/DI TDS? What method are you using on the COM-100, its usually ppm NaCl but they can be set and calibrated for multiple test methods and ranges.

You probably don't need a membrane, the TDS and rejection rate will tell, but you are 2-3 years past due on the filters for sure. Make darn sure you disinfect the system following the instructions in your owners manual, this should be done at least annually.

I'd hve to test them all seprate, i've never done that. I checked their site for the manual seeing how i dont know if i still have mine for instructions on disinfecting the system. Do you know if they have one on their site that i'm missing?

So is the RO test consist of the output after the membraine and the two other filters before the DI?

AZDesertRat

All of their manuals are located here:

http://spectrapure.com/Product-Manuals

The COM-100 manual is located here:

http://www.filterwater.com/docs/hmdigital/hmdigital-com100-manual.pdf

Use a squeaky clean clear drinking water glass, washed by hand in very hot water so it has no dishwasher soap resides or anti water spotting films to interfere with the TDS results. First draw a glass of your tap water and insert the meter, let it stabilize and write it down. Triple rinse the glass and the meter in RO/DI or distilled water and draw a sample of the RO only water before the DI by disconnecting the line between the RO membrane and the DI filte rat the DI end. Insert the meter and let it stabilize, write it down and again triple rinse the glass and meter in RO/DI or distilled water. Finally take a sample of the final RO/DI water, insert the meter, let it stabilize and write it down, triple rinse the meter and glass, cap the meter and put the glass away upside down for next use.

Archived