SaltCritters.com

Update 2 gallon Micro-Reefs temperate system...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I literally let my 2 gallon go untouched and unchanged for 3 months. I would only feed the system once every 2 weeks.

Never scrubbed the walls or made any water changes and there was ZERO evaporation, 3 months, yes ZERO evaporation.

The walls were covered in all sorts of algae and I could barely see what was in the aquarium, but just the shiny glitter color of my pink tipped anemones.

So, reaching close to 4 months, I decide to do a complete clean up and realize nothing has died and that every animal I placed in the tank almost a year ago is alive and doing well!

Unbelievable, just set the tank to 55F degrees and mother nature challenged these guys through evolution and they just continueed to live in my rotten conditions I left them.

Tide pool cold water critters in my book are the more resiliant pack of marine species I have ever owned, far stronger than their delicate cousins of the tropics.

Here are the pics I took after I clean the system and scrubbed the sides of all the algae growth.

33d85ls.jpg

micw3n.jpg

1g2cko.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Where is the before picture? :P

I should have taken one, but I didn't think I would relauch the tank. But, as I opened the tank and got beyond the hair algae I noticed that all the critters and animals were alive and doing good.

What I mean, is that I was going to take down the tank as I don't have time to keep it, and I was astonished that it was going strong.

This was not a photo I was going to post, hey reefers look at this tank that I'm tearing down.

Just believe me when I say I have no reason to lie about temperate systems! There ecosystem in the naturl world has given them an evolutionary advantage for surving extreme conditions.

So, when you hand them over to a reefer, who cares they are going to be a lot easier to maintain than tropical marine systems.

• 3 weeks later...
Nickbruh510

mike this is nick!! sell me that 2 gallon my gf would love it pm a price!!!! also whats up with my sump mutha#####!!!m lol jk

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

mike this is nick!! sell me that 2 gallon my gf would love it pm a price!!!! also whats up with my sump mutha#####!!!m lol jk

You are hilarious, do you think you are ready for the Temperate world? You rock the SPS world but the Temperate world is a class of their own, are you ready for the challenge?

My nig#@ are you really ready.... :) LOL

Nickbruh510

Yes I'm ready show me the ropes my n!??@!!!!! Lol, I'm down for it I love the tide pool at Carmel they are amazing and beautiful!,,, btw I'm trading the kessils for a radion g3 and swapping to your tank you. Helped me with and I'll have my build posted soon!,,,

• 4 months later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yes I'm ready show me the ropes my n!??@!!!!! Lol, I'm down for it I love the tide pool at Carmel they are amazing and beautiful!,,, btw I'm trading the kessils for a radion g3 and swapping to your tank you. Helped me with and I'll have my build posted soon!,,,

Hey Nick,

Have you ever gotten a chance to start your build? Would love to see that Micro-Reefs sump in action.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I literally let my 2 gallon go untouched and unchanged for 3 months. I would only feed the system once every 2 weeks.

Never scrubbed the walls or made any water changes and there was ZERO evaporation, 3 months, yes ZERO evaporation.

The walls were covered in all sorts of algae and I could barely see what was in the aquarium, but just the shiny glitter color of my pink tipped anemones.

So, reaching close to 4 months, I decide to do a complete clean up and realize nothing has died and that every animal I placed in the tank almost a year ago is alive and doing well!

Unbelievable, just set the tank to 55F degrees and mother nature challenged these guys through evolution and they just continueed to live in my rotten conditions I left them.

Tide pool cold water critters in my book are the more resiliant pack of marine species I have ever owned, far stronger than their delicate cousins of the tropics.

Here are the pics I took after I clean the system and scrubbed the sides of all the algae growth.

33d85ls.jpg

micw3n.jpg

1g2cko.jpg

My tanks are now using BMW parts... .LOL

Archived