Innovative Marine Aquariums

bryopsis and kent tech m

linbeg

So, i used these stuff and it worked. But apparently since it contains some metals which was the stuff that actually killed the bryopsis. Now that its gone, is there anyway for me to remove these metals? If i add cheato will it absorb it?

Or should i run activated carbon on my phosban150? Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

So, i used these stuff and it worked. But apparently since it contains some metals which was the stuff that actually killed the bryopsis. Now that its gone, is there anyway for me to remove these metals? If i add cheato will it absorb it?

Or should i run activated carbon on my phosban150? Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

How do you know it contains metals and how do you know that's what killed the bryopsis? The effective ingredient is unknown to everybody.

I've read in a forum somewhere that Kent did confirm that it was trace metals and not magnesium itself. Many people tried to raise the mag level with magnesium chloride, so its the impurities in the kent product that caused the bryopsis to die out.

I've read in a forum somewhere that Kent did confirm that it was trace metals and not magnesium itself. Many people tried to raise the mag level with magnesium chloride, so its the impurities in the kent product that caused the bryopsis to die out.

I know it's not mg itself, the treatment is specific to tech-m. Obviously there is something in it, but it would be stupid if Kent said what it was since they'd lose about 75% of their tech-m sales.

Anyways, I've gone through 2 gallons of tech-m in this tank. Heavy metals, doubt it.

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/chad7531/media/image-128.jpg.html'>image-128.jpg

Archived