Cultivated Reef

{ RoT_Reef: {[ PicO_20G, NanoBox_Duo, KZ ]}} // New pics 12-16-2015

defender.TX

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That Joe has really colored up nicely!!

Nice growth.

Thanks! I think it's the NanoBox + Pohl's Xtra combo that helps color, and the elevated foundation elements in Red Sea Coral Pro salt help growth. Plus a little luck :D . I can only hope it continues!

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has something in the works. She might have a NanoBox coming with extra channels too...

Oh this is gonna be a nice planted tank. Adding the tourmaline and bacter is a great starting choice. My baby tears carpet grow like crazy. Going ADA substrate too?

Oh this is gonna be a nice planted tank. Adding the tourmaline and bacter is a great starting choice. My baby tears carpet grow like crazy. Going ADA substrate too?

We have ADA Amazonia, Amazonia powder, Power Sand special S, Penac P, Penac W, Tourmaline BC, Bacter 100, and Green Bacter.

Then, once the tank gets going, we have Green Brighty Step 1 and Brighty K :D .

We have ADA Amazonia, Amazonia powder, Power Sand special S, Penac P, Penac W, Tourmaline BC, Bacter 100, and Green Bacter.

Then, once the tank gets going, we have Green Brighty Step 1 and Brighty K :D .

Damn bro u got the whole package deal haha. Dry start or wet start?

Damn bro u got the whole package deal haha. Dry start or wet start?

It's a proven system that works. We're mirroring a proven method of success used by The Green Machines James Findley and Amano himself. It's going to be wet start. Heavily planted from the start, crank up the CO2 and light and hope the algae can't take over.

She's also got ADA NA Carbon and Bio Rio to go in the 2213. Honestly I'm surprised just how stoked I am to see the build come together.

• 2 weeks later...

More teasers of the wife's tank:

16250052239_2821f8bc12_z.jpg

I actually have the stand done and all the plumbing setup - I might share a picture of the reef tank again one day too :D .

Coming up for the PicO 20, I have a minor rescape in the works. Some of the GSP is going to go to free up sandbed for a clam and maybe a lobo. I'm also going to be putting in another SPS order and I have Kalkwasser coming to start dosing via my auto top off.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been working on the reef much, partially because I've been putting in multiple hours a day to get my wife's Mini M setup:

15901106064_a3a0924430_b.jpg

16335981788_c375a60004_b.jpg

16522645982_bec62905e6_b.jpg

16522646552_e8000266b4_b.jpg

Cute! But are there fishies or things in it??

Yep! They like to hide back in the Rotala for now. They are what were known as Dwarf Emerald Rasbora but were recently reclassified to Danio erythromicron.

3615544622_e041b4b781.jpg

There are five of them in the tank.

Awesome planted tank when I'm done setting up my reef this will be my next project

That hardscape is dreamy!

• 3 months later...

This looks wonderful! I'm currently researching a nice nano for my office. I had a 29 gallon set up at home but I had to move from Ottawa to Toronto and could not bring my tank with me (plus the tank was pretty crappy anyways and wanted a change).

What are the dimensions on your PicO if you don't mind my asking. I want something around 20G and about 24" wide so I can mount my Maxspect Razor easily on top. I was thinking of the IM fusion 20 but I don't like their skimmers and I want the Cadlights skimmer which of course doesn't fit in the back of the IM 20. I love the Cadlights aquariums but they don't have one with the sort of dimensions I'd like.

Archived