SaltCritters.com

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Well finally heard back from IM. They are going to send me a replacement tank...BUT ONLY after they receive my broken one. Which I have to pay the shipping on to send them a broken tank. Well I guess that makes my decision of purchasing a new tank an easier one since I don't have a replacement tank to put it in. What a bunch of crap!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Nuvo 16 leaked after about 3 weeks of being set up. The silicone seemed to have somehow lifted up on the bottom-left of the side piece. It was definitely not my fault since there was no possible way I scraped the silicone away cleaning or anything. I also had to pay to ship mine back. I had it replaced with a 30L; Hopefully this works out better.

Joe

IM strikes again. You are in the same boat as me with their defective tanks. They expect us to pay for the shipping for their defects.

IM strikes again. You are in the same boat as me with their defective tanks. They expect us to pay for the shipping for their defects.

My guess is return shipping would put them at a loss after replacing a tank and paying to ship it to you. I don't think its right but thats my guess.

My guess is return shipping would put them at a loss after replacing a tank and paying to ship it to you. I don't think its right but thats my guess.

Their R&D department is failing them. A properly tested product would avoid all these issues. There wouldn't be a need for them to lose money.

Their R&D department is failing them. A properly tested product would avoid all these issues. There wouldn't be a need for them to lose money.

I have to agree here, the product is faulty and I am honestly surprised a class action has not followed due to not just a tank failing but all the ruined hardwood floors I am sure has occurred.

Just a crappy product, but proves you dont always get what you pay for. For the price of those tanks there shouldn't be so many failures. The $1 sale Petco tanks seem to be more reliable.

Just got a quote from a local guy for a custom 31 x 14 x 14 with Bean Overflow and Low Iron Glass all assembled for around $500. I am thinking I jump all over this. He said he could have it done in 2 weeks. Thoughts?

Well been talking to Chris @ PicoAquariums for a custom build! He drafted it up and will hopefully have it in a few weeks!

34 x 14 x 14 external bean with dual returns!

EE572512-4418-4ED7-9C9F-10CDACEF9199.png

B6B503C9-6132-4C57-8EE8-5A5F2E4B719E.png

Spiderguardnano

Well been talking to Chris @ PicoAquariums for a custom build! He drafted it up and will hopefully have it in a few weeks!

34 x 14 x 14 external bean with dual returns!

EE572512-4418-4ED7-9C9F-10CDACEF9199.png

B6B503C9-6132-4C57-8EE8-5A5F2E4B719E.png

wow awesome

how many gallons?

what was the quote if you dont mind telling :)

wow awesome

how many gallons?

what was the quote if you dont mind telling :)

+1. When I upgrade, I will get another PicO most likely so would love to know the price. Mine will be an AIO though.

As for IM, I sure hope their Fusion 10 and 20 are made much better given how many members got in on them recently. I think it's total BS to have to pay for return shipping for a leaked tank. Shipping is like 20% of the cost of the tank? Ridiculous. And they expect you to hold your livestock in magic land or something? At least ship you out a new tank first. What shitty customer service. I really like their Fusion 30L but don't think I will ever give them my money...

Spiderguardnano

+1. When I upgrade, I will get another PicO most likely so would love to know the price. Mine will be an AIO though.

As for IM, I sure hope their Fusion 10 and 20 are made much better given how many members got in on them recently. I think it's total BS to have to pay for return shipping for a leaked tank. Shipping is like 20% of the cost of the tank? Ridiculous. And they expect you to hold your livestock in magic land or something? At least ship you out a new tank first. What shitty customer service. I really like their Fusion 30L but don't think I will ever give them my money...

I agree ninja i will be going with either pico or IM depending on the reviews of the new tank i have seen them at my lfs and they look solid.

how many gallons is the new tank nanofever?

It will be a little less than 27 gallons with those dimentions in the display tank! Did the external so I have more display area in the tank. Going to have a 20G sump as well. He quoted me about $350 for the tank. Has been great to work with. Chris has been very quick to reply to my questions. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Not sure how I missed it, but that sucks about the leak. Sorry :( That's really crappy of IM, but I wasn't surprised, I remember reading that on other threads as well. I can't believe they can do that. I had a Mr Aqua leak and Seven Ports (the American distributor) had a new one at my doorstep in a couple days. All they asked for was a picture of the area where it leaked.

Exciting news about the PicO though!

Ya it does suck. I even asked IM if I could send a video of the leak making sure to get on the video the serial number and everything. They said nope. Even though the tank is leaking I am super excited to get a slightly larger tank with a much larger display area. Should look really nice. Plus I was able to slow the leak with some silicone and everything in my tank seems to be doing ok for now. :)

Not sure how I missed it, but that sucks about the leak. Sorry :( That's really crappy of IM, but I wasn't surprised, I remember reading that on other threads as well. I can't believe they can do that. I had a Mr Aqua leak and Seven Ports (the American distributor) had a new one at my doorstep in a couple days. All they asked for was a picture of the area where it leaked.

Exciting news about the PicO though!

It will be a little less than 27 gallons with those dimentions in the display tank! Did the external so I have more display area in the tank. Going to have a 20G sump as well. He quoted me about $350 for the tank. Has been great to work with. Chris has been very quick to reply to my questions. Cant wait to see the finished product.

that's a fair price for a custom 27 gallons tank. thanks for letting us know the details!

They should take the loss.Thats a part of doing business.They can send for it. Their shipping schedule is far less than yours or mine.In the business I was in years ago, it was called "advance replacement". And was the practice of reputable manufacturers.

Returns to Amazon, they pay shipping back, and send a shipping lable for it. And they schedule the pickup.

Well been talking to Chris @ PicoAquariums for a custom build! He drafted it up and will hopefully have it in a few weeks!34 x 14 x 14 external bean with dual returns! EE572512-4418-4ED7-9C9F-10CDACEF9199.pngB6B503C9-6132-4C57-8EE8-5A5F2E4B719E.png
Diggety dang, thats awesome.Do that.I had the IM Nuvo 10 in my sights for Kitchen counter tank. Im definitely going to think that way instead.To IM,This us what happens when you dont fix your problems, you lose future customers too.
  • 3 weeks later...

Have kept the Nuvo to a drip and add fresh salt water and ATO every night to keep it stable and everything is still kickin! No new additions due to my leaky IM tank but in a couple more weeks I will have to add stuff to the bigger and better tank!!!! Talked to Chris at PicO and he said it was drilling and gluing it up so I should have my tank in a couple of weeks after the silicone cures! Cant wait! :)

• 2 weeks later...

That new tank is going to be awesome, you will no doubt love it way more than the IM.

They should take the loss. Thats a part of doing business. They can send for it. Their shipping schedule is far less than yours or mine. In the business I was in years ago, it was called "advance replacement". And was the practice of reputable manufacturers.

Returns to Amazon, they pay shipping back, and send a shipping lable for it. And they schedule the pickup.

And I agree 100% I was just trying to guess their reason for not being reputable. But then again why release a faulty product in the first place it's not like they are hard to test.

lilmatty5dimes

oh man sorry to hear about your tank. i'm looking at mine next to my desk praying it doesn't fail me. lol

thats great news about picO making a custom tank for ya. that new tank is going to be awesome. i love the overflow for it. wish i had the money cause i would be ordering something very similar to that. can't wait to see the that wet.

Sorry about your fish :( Are you going to get another one after you set up the new tank?

Thanks, ya I am going to definitely get one. He was a cool little fish with a great personality! Had the lid on but found that 1/4 in gap I guess.

Well talked to PicO today and he said he's got just a few more things to do on the tank before its ready to ship! He sent a pic too!!!!!

15227156709_fc2edf4d9f_n.jpg

Well talked to PicO today and he said he's got just a few more things to do on the tank before its ready to ship! He sent a pic too!!!!!

15227156709_fc2edf4d9f_n.jpg

Tanks looking great!

Archived