Coral Vue Hydros

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Oh and my phosphates are 0- .03 on a hanna Checker. No GFO. Have some macros in the sump and run a small amount of carbon from time to time.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA Thanks Chris! I did dip the purple one but left the base (Tried prying it off but couldnt get it) The one with the crabs I didnt because I didnt want to kill them, but I can try and lure them out and see if I cant get that base off and dip. Thanks again for all the help dude!

No problem man, goodluck with everything and hopefully you can find a healthy leopard :)

I have heard that if there are acro crabs present there won't be any typical pest (because acro crabs should eat them) but I don't trust it because who is to say they already ate them and a few don't make their way in with the coral anyways. That said acro crabs are super sweet to have and wathc and I have hacked pieces off gorgeous large colonies to get them out :lol: However, they will likely become a quick snack to any wrasse you might add in the future even if you are able to spare them from being dipped.

As for the mariculture bases, besides being an easy home to pest/ pest eggs they aren't always made of the most reef safe materials and often have wires (including copper) inside their mold. If you don't already have some I'd suggest picking up a pair of good acro sheers. These are my personal favorite "bone" cutters, they are from boston aquatics and a little more rust resistant IMO then just plain surgical steel ones for a buck or two more its well worth it:

IMAG1276_zpsdlvushid.jpg

I just give them a light FW rinse and wipe them off with a towel and they will last quite a while :)

No problem man, goodluck with everything and hopefully you can find a healthy leopard :)

I have heard that if there are acro crabs present there won't be any typical pest (because acro crabs should eat them) but I don't trust it because who is to say they already ate them and a few don't make their way in with the coral anyways. That said acro crabs are super sweet to have and wathc and I have hacked pieces off gorgeous large colonies to get them out :lol: However, they will likely become a quick snack to any wrasse you might add in the future even if you are able to spare them from being dipped.

As for the mariculture bases, besides being an easy home to pest/ pest eggs they aren't always made of the most reef safe materials and often have wires (including copper) inside their mold. If you don't already have some I'd suggest picking up a pair of good acro sheers. These are my personal favorite "bone" cutters, they are from boston aquatics and a little more rust resistant IMO then just plain surgical steel ones for a buck or two more its well worth it:

IMAG1276_zpsdlvushid.jpg

I just give them a light FW rinse and wipe them off with a towel and they will last quite a while :)

Great I will have to get me a pair of those. They are nice. I just use my dikes now. Lol

Great I will have to get me a pair of those. They are nice. I just use my dikes now. Lol

Anything with a decenlty long blade on it that will cut through hard acro bases will work, I just prefer those because they hold up really well IME. I have a pair I don't even really take care of and they are still in pretty solid shape after about a year... and I even trim rock with it lol

Thought this picture was kinda cool.

IMG_0236.jpg

Also, got some stuff in the works...here are some of the products that have already arrived! :)

IMG_0245.jpg

So after talking to Chris! and the LFS had a small leopard wrasse I got her!

43D408A3-F715-4D3C-8A6A-CEE7FD27C089.jpg

Also got a cleaner shrimp that's full of eggs.

379A4525-2532-476F-A2AC-FFC89B736926.jpg

Reefin Ric Flair

So after talking to Chris! and the LFS had a small leopard wrasse I got her!43D408A3-F715-4D3C-8A6A-CEE7FD27C089.jpg

Also got a cleaner shrimp that's full of eggs.379A4525-2532-476F-A2AC-FFC89B736926.jpg

The only reason you own that fish is because I allowed it. I could have taken the reserve note right off the tank and let you fight through downtown rush hour traffic for nothing

The only reason you own that fish is because I allowed it. I could have taken the reserve note right off the tank and let you fight through downtown rush hour traffic for nothing

Surprised you didn't! Hahaha...I am gonna tear up your house Saturday for those comments! Hahaha!

Nice additions!

Thanks Sk8n. I am still waiting for the wrasse to come out of hiding. She is only about 1.5-2 inches. Nice coloring too. I have my ugly top on my tank now. Have some extra acrylic laying around and was looking at the tank last night and have an idea for a lid that will keep the rimless look and cover all corners tightly. We will see if it comes out though. Gonna give it a shot on sunday.

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks Sk8n. I am still waiting for the wrasse to come out of hiding. She is only about 1.5-2 inches. Nice coloring too. I have my ugly top on my tank now. Have some extra acrylic laying around and was looking at the tank last night and have an idea for a lid that will keep the rimless look and cover all corners tightly. We will see if it comes out though. Gonna give it a shot on sunday.

How big will she grow?

How big will she grow?

Max is only 5" but should take awhile assuming she ever gets that big. If she does then bring on the upgrade. :)

So after talking to Chris! and the LFS had a small leopard wrasse I got her!

43D408A3-F715-4D3C-8A6A-CEE7FD27C089.jpg

Also got a cleaner shrimp that's full of eggs.

379A4525-2532-476F-A2AC-FFC89B736926.jpg

Thats a beautiful bipartitus leopard wrasse :wub: Give her some time, it could take days for her to pop out. I like to start feeding a little extra even if they are hiding still just to try to lure them out, doesn't always work but I enjoy feeding anyways lol Good luck! :)

Good idea, a secure well fitting top is a MUST with these beauties!

Thats a beautiful bipartitus leopard wrasse :wub: Give her some time, it could take days for her to pop out. I like to start feeding a little extra even if they are hiding still just to try to lure them out, doesn't always work but I enjoy feeding anyways lol Good luck! :)

Good idea, a secure well fitting top is a MUST with these beauties!

Thanks! Ya I have been feeding a little extra but no luck yet. My last wrasse took a week till he came out though.

Thanks! Ya I have been feeding a little extra but no luck yet. My last wrasse took a week till he came out though.

Yeah they are crazy, I somewhat think they come out at night while everyone else is sleeping and munch pods. My black leopard hid for 2 weeks and came out just as fat if not fatter. So far I'd say your doing everything right, its just a waiting game now unfortunately. Alot of times if there aren't any predatory fish that scare the wrasse they come out atleast a little bit within 24-48 hours..... not always but hopefully it won't be long :)

Yeah they are crazy, I somewhat think they come out at night while everyone else is sleeping and munch pods. My black leopard hid for 2 weeks and came out just as fat if not fatter. So far I'd say your doing everything right, its just a waiting game now unfortunately. Alot of times if there aren't any predatory fish that scare the wrasse they come out atleast a little bit within 24-48 hours..... not always but hopefully it won't be long :)

Ya took about a week or so for my old possum wrasse to come out. I can't wait for her to come out. She has great coloring!

The wrasse was out for a minute yesterday but got spooked when I tried to get a picture. :(

I made a new lid and very pleased with it! Check it out!

Got 1/4" acrylic and routed the edges so it would sit in my tank without sliding around and cut out the middle.

2540163A-6270-43DC-947C-741499CB92E6.jpg

Drilled holes all the way around and then sewed the netting on with fishing line!

B3CF6177-4B9D-48B9-A929-66B7FC16992B.jpg

Still have to take a hair dryer to the netting to smooth it out but wanted to get a picture of it on here! :)

54322776-D8C8-4A03-BB2E-B9AD98B6DC01.jpg

That wrasse is so cool. I love wrasses :D. Wish there were more small species of them though; there's no way I can get away with anything bigger than a 30g when I set up my tank, so my options in the wrasse family will be limited at best.

That wrasse is so cool. I love wrasses :D. Wish there were more small species of them though; there's no way I can get away with anything bigger than a 30g when I set up my tank, so my options in the wrasse family will be limited at best.

thanks dude. Wrasses are definetky awesome!

Great shot of your wrasse- pops next to the sand ! Screen top looks awesome ?

Thanks! Ya she cruised around all day. They are cool! Screen was a pain in the ass to sew on there but turned out good I think. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The wrasse was out for a minute yesterday but got spooked when I tried to get a picture. :(

I made a new lid and very pleased with it! Check it out!

Got 1/4" acrylic and routed the edges so it would sit in my tank without sliding around and cut out the middle.

2540163A-6270-43DC-947C-741499CB92E6.jpg

Drilled holes all the way around and then sewed the netting on with fishing line!

B3CF6177-4B9D-48B9-A929-66B7FC16992B.jpg

Still have to take a hair dryer to the netting to smooth it out but wanted to get a picture of it on here! :)

54322776-D8C8-4A03-BB2E-B9AD98B6DC01.jpg

Dude that top is amazing! Great idea, I wish I had the skill and patience for something like that I woulda went rimless lol

She is finally out and picking at pods!

IMG_0256.jpg

Freaking gorgeous!!!! She still doing good, any luck with prepared foods yet?

Archived