Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

So my Yasha lives in the back of the tank and only comes out when the moonlights come on at night! :( He looks to have decided to hang out with my pom pom crab too. Hope he changes his habits as he gets more comfortable.

Here is the best pic I could get of him last night with my phone since the moonlights were on.

AB7E2700-557B-48FE-9D68-EE8083E0F560.jpg

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We hadn't even seen ours since I first put him in the QT. My husband actually picked up the rock last night to make sure he hadn't died. Didn't want a big ammonia spike with the shrimp and my goby in there too. Hopefully yours and ours both settle in soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to belong to a reef club that met at Elmer's once a month. Now they meet at the Day's Inn. Are any of you in the Pittsburgh area reef club ?

We hadn't even seen ours since I first put him in the QT. My husband actually picked up the rock last night to make sure he hadn't died. Didn't want a big ammonia spike with the shrimp and my goby in there too. Hopefully yours and ours both settle in soon.

Ya he is out and about all the time now. He found a perfect little cave and hides behind my sun coral. Did yours get more bold?

I used to belong to a reef club that met at Elmer's once a month. Now they meet at the Day's Inn. Are any of you in the Pittsburgh area reef club ?

No, I havent joined. There is a reef club in canonsburg that meets at Saltwater Sanctuary once a month. I was thinking of joining that since its less than a mile from my house. Was the Elmers one worth joining?

Ya he is out and about all the time now. He found a perfect little cave and hides behind my sun coral. Did yours get more bold?

No, I havent joined. There is a reef club in canonsburg that meets at Saltwater Sanctuary once a month. I was thinking of joining that since its less than a mile from my house. Was the Elmers one worth joining?

Yes, it was good. I only stopped attending because I am a full time care giver to my bed ridden mom in law who is 93 years old. I hope to rejoin when this season of life is done. Anthony Calfo, (I think that is how he spells his last name) speaks at it sometimes and he's really informative. I used to work at the Seahorse and probably 15 years ago I met Michael Paletta, who knew my boss. He was sharing with my boss about implementing a fuge with miracle mud which was cutting edge at that time.

He pokes his head out and will come out to get food but then dashes right back in. He and the shrimp are living under different rocks though.

Have you switched out your leds?

Yes, it was good. I only stopped attending because I am a full time care giver to my bed ridden mom in law who is 93 years old. I hope to rejoin when this season of life is done. Anthony Calfo, (I think that is how he spells his last name) speaks at it sometimes and he's really informative. I used to work at the Seahorse and probably 15 years ago I met Michael Paletta, who knew my boss. He was sharing with my boss about implementing a fuge with miracle mud which was cutting edge at that time.

Ah sorry to hear about your mother in law. My Grandpa is in pretty bad shape too. Sucks watching friends and family get old but on the bright side you know they got to live live to the fullest!

I like Seahorse. They carry some nice stuff from time to time. Actually tried to go the other day but they were closed! DOH! Let me know when you re-join and I might join too!

He pokes his head out and will come out to get food but then dashes right back in. He and the shrimp are living under different rocks though.

Have you switched out your leds?

No I haven't been so busy with weddings and just life. I really need to get cracking on that. Maybe this weekend after my buddies wedding. I think this is my 7th one of the summer. FML! All these gifts translate to less coral additions! LOL!

He is out all the time. Took him about a week to get comfortable but he's by far the coolest fish I have ever owned. I took a short video of him the other day.

[/url]

Added a hammer coral last night! Still not fully open yet but had to post some pics. :)

56ED3EE3-F4CF-4FEF-B8ED-955BFEEF0212.jpgA34BF3CC-9D56-4AD3-94BB-B5D937280F30.jpg

I had not watched your video before. Its really nice in that you can see how the scape and the livestock fit together. Very nice aquascape BTW! I like your wrasse, its a very cool fish. I used to have a yasha goby too. He went into my overflow and was down in the sump for months. I just thought he died and the serpent star found and ate him. I tried to pair him with a pistol shrimp but the shrimp came with a curlyque anemone and was not switching.

Yes, I will let you know when I get back into the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society again. A lot of them talk on reef central. Well not so much talk as buy and sell from each other. Its a good place to watch for equipment and livestock.

Hit up the LFS just to look and came out with 6 coral frags!!! Pics to come probably tomorrow when the lights come back on and they are all opened up. Got a Sunset Monti, Captain America Zoa, Purple Paly, Paly Grandis, Clove Polyps, and a Meteor Shower! :) Captain Americas already look better than they did at the store! :)

Trying to test out Flickr but can't figure out how to paste the link in here from my iPhone. Anyone know why it doesn't paste??

I had not watched your video before. Its really nice in that you can see how the scape and the livestock fit together. Very nice aquascape BTW! I like your wrasse, its a very cool fish. I used to have a yasha goby too. He went into my overflow and was down in the sump for months. I just thought he died and the serpent star found and ate him. I tried to pair him with a pistol shrimp but the shrimp came with a curlyque anemone and was not switching.

Ah I hate when fish disappear! My wrasse is recently getting bullied by my clown and haven't seen him in a couple of days. Thinking of swapping my clown out for something else. I have been thinking about a pistol shrimp but haven't done it yet. Afraid my pistol would find a spot in the back and my yasha would move. Right now he found a cave front and center! :)

So here are my new corals! Also, got my LED's wired just have to swap them out over the tank!!!! Dave's 13-ups have an even better color in person!!!

E0B82D49-7740-46C9-A0CA-86792D5B2C77.jpg

55553B44-848B-4A84-AFEC-E4177E8CB25B.jpg

65C0CA3D-9F8F-4644-B89B-7896BDFD3B84.jpg

897F750B-3E7B-4023-A00C-0FCE6577B5B8.jpg

48C07EF6-B907-41FF-AC43-387B0E31B2B5.jpg

Well came home to the dreaded puddle...yet another Nuvo 16 with a leak!!! :( Its only small drip from one spot. Waiting to hear back from Innovative Marine to see how they will make this right since I have only had this tank since May!!!! This will be the last IM product I purchase. Had a reactor pump fail within a few months too, they replaced it but clearly not a reliable brand! Hope I can find a replacement to save my livestock! :(

Well came home to the dreaded puddle...yet another Nuvo 16 with a leak!!! :( Its only small drip from one spot. Waiting to hear back from Innovative Marine to see how they will make this right since I have only had this tank since May!!!! This will be the last IM product I purchase. Had a reactor pump fail within a few months too, they replaced it but clearly not a reliable brand! Hope I can find a replacement to save my livestock! :(

I have to say with the amount of these I have heard of breaking I am never giving any money to IM until the streak of these breaking ends, their customer service seems decent but honestly they wouldn't need amazing customer service if their products didn't fail so frequently.

Ya, they have always been helpful in replacing or helping out but when your tank leaks a new tank won't pay for all the lost livestock. I'm just hoping I can stop it well enough to wait for a new tank so my fish don't have to live in a damn bucket! I just gave them a lot of food incase this is their last meal! I am thinking about selling off my replacement...if I get one and upgrading to a tank that doesn't leak! Any recommendations?

Ya, they have always been helpful in replacing or helping out but when your tank leaks a new tank won't pay for all the lost livestock. I'm just hoping I can stop it well enough to wait for a new tank so my fish don't have to live in a damn bucket! I just gave them a lot of food incase this is their last meal! I am thinking about selling off my replacement...if I get one and upgrading to a tank that doesn't leak! Any recommendations?

Anything else is my recommendation... I have never heard of a tank with that kind of failure rate these seem to be experiencing.

Anything else is my recommendation... I have never heard of a tank with that kind of failure rate these seem to be experiencing.

HAHA, ya thats my thinking. I might just make the leap to a 35 or 40g rimless. Who makes your tank? Thats a sharp build!

HAHA, ya thats my thinking. I might just make the leap to a 35 or 40g rimless. Who makes your tank? Thats a sharp build!

Mr aqua makes the tank, if you can buy it locally ( i think theres a store in morgantown wv that does ) i suggest that. Mine shipped from factory purchased through marinedepot on nothing but a pallet wrapped in saran wrap to hold it in the center. When i saw it my heart literally fell out of my butt.

Chris at pic0 is having a big sale on a few tanks right now in the hardware classifieds, check those out too.

Mr aqua makes the tank, if you can buy it locally ( i think theres a store in morgantown wv that does ) i suggest that. Mine shipped from factory purchased through marinedepot on nothing but a pallet wrapped in saran wrap to hold it in the center. When i saw it my heart literally fell out of my butt.

HAHA I bet! Morgantown isnt too far. I might have to make a trip, any other good fish stores that would be worth checking out if I make the drive?

HAHA I bet! Morgantown isnt too far. I might have to make a trip, any other good fish stores that would be worth checking out if I make the drive?

I have never been to that one but saw it on their retailer site, I would have made the 3 hour drive for myself if I would've known haha

Ah man, so sorry about the leak! That is an Aquarist's worst nightmare. I hope everything holds until you get a replacement tank.

Ah man, so sorry about the leak! That is an Aquarist's worst nightmare. I hope everything holds until you get a replacement tank.

Thanks Dawn...never had this happen out of 5 different tanks! Already looking for replacement. Thinking of getting a tank around 30g...I just hope that seam holds!

Can you tell if the leak is up high on the seam or is it low, or are you not able to tell?

I've had a lot of tanks over the years, ( counting sumps, 11) and only 1 ever leaked and it was my fault cause I tried to move it mostly full and torqued a seam so I think that is rare, except in the IM this year.

Archived