ReefCleaners.org

Known issues/bugs

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

If you are having any issues, please contact me: sales[at]blueworldaquariums.com

-Android app v1.6 timezone issue: Currently the timezone is set automatically during BlinkUp. If the timezone is not set correctly on your device, or possibly because of DST settings, this value can be wrong. You should set it manually to be sure. For now, you can change this under Extras>Sandbox. This menu is beta only and needs to be unlocked. I have been unlocking it for new registrations, but if you don't see it, please try logging out/in, and contact me with your username if it's not there. In the next app version this setting will live in the normal settings menu and be a required part of the BlinkUp process. Fixed in Android app v1.07

-iOS app location bug: Setting your simulated location to a place without weather data will cause the app to crash on login. This should only happen if you try to set a really obscure location. If you set a location, and it doesn't immediately return data, change it back. You can recover by logging in with an Android device and changing the location or contacting me. This is fixed in v1.06 (not yet released). Patched in automatic firmware update.

-Server connection hang: Not yet verified, but code on our server may render it unresponsive until rebooting your unit. This would be a coding problem on our end, and not an issue with your unit (the hardware should never require a reboot as the wifi connection and processor will reboot automatically when needed). The controller would continue to run normally, but you would not be able to connect with the app. If you need to reboot your unit to re-establish connection, please email me with your username and the time/date when you needed to do this. This should be fixed now, but it is difficult to test, as the cause of the problem is rare (EI making changes to their servers that cause no downtime, but restarts our server code). The controller should never require a reboot to re-establish connectivity...if this happens I need to know.

-Natural sun inaccuracy: The Natural Sun feature produces a bell curve output. Right now the formula needs improvement. The degree of inaccuracy varies depending on start/end times, but they could be off by up to an hour. A new formula has been developed that will make it into the next firmware update (3.5).

-iOS blank text fields will cause app-crash on login. Channel names, webcam url, etc must not be left blank, or you will see the issue next login. This will be fixed next firmware update (3.5). If you accidentally do this, please email me with your username and I will correct your settings. Fixed in iOS app v.1.06

CHANGELOG:

May 30,2014 (Firmware 3.3):
-Patched iOS app location bug

May 31,2014 (Firmware 3.4):
-Fixed server bug causing unresponsiveness after updates
-Fixed bug causing inaccuracy with night start time using Natural Sun and Minimum Dimming (was keeping light on longer than expected). Still some minor inaccuracy with certain day lengths...working on improving the formula to work with a larger range of settings.
-Reduced QuickTime/FastForward speed by half (will probably make this adjustable in future app versions)

August 23, 2014 (Android app 1.07):

-Added persistent login checkbox

-Set time zone moved to system settings

-Set time zone manually on blink up

-Improved accuracy and ease of use in settings sliders (hold for more than three seconds and accuracy increases)

-Option to blink up on connection error (rather than automatic direction to blink up)

November 22, 2014 (iOS app 1.06):

New Features:

-Instant bug reporting and feedback
-Simulated location forecast
-User Guide
-Increased slider accuracy
-Persistent login

New Features (**available with firmware version 4.0+):
-Light Graph visualization
-System Status
-Light Preview option while adjusting settings

Bug fixes:
-Crashing on login due to blank text fields
-Display Colors not saving on some devices
-Lunar Cycles button not populating
-Option to blinkup on failed connection (ie. after WiFi change)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just send an email. App won't allow me to login.

The user name is case sensitive...do you have a capital in yours that isn't being input?

I didn't realize I signed up with the first letter of my user name capitalized, and had to do that before I could get in.

I hooked everything up, I'm online, the app works, but I'm getting no response from my lights. The lights seem to be on 100% and changing it in the app is not doing anything for me. Also, the normally blue light on the controller has turned purple. Anyone know what that means? Or any advice? I'm running 3 channels with meanwell LDD drivers. I switched to the 5v option before setting everything up, so that's not it. I soddered the dimming connections, so I don't see how that could be an issue.

Please help!

Could you post pics of your wiring diagram?

Also, make sure you didn't see the app crash and send an error report. If it did that, close out, log back in and try going to an individual channel and adjust it.

I wired it like it shows in the diagram in another blue fish thread. There's a white wire and a red wire once you cut off the end of the connecter, and I connected these to the dimming wire on the LDD driver. The lights are wired correctly, because they're on. I ran the uncoated ground wire to the ground on my driver power supply.

Every time I go to try to change the lights under the free play mode the light on the controller turns purple?!

SpencerShepard

I wired it like it shows in the diagram in another blue fish thread. There's a white wire and a red wire once you cut off the end of the connecter, and I connected these to the dimming wire on the LDD driver. The lights are wired correctly, because they're on. I ran the uncoated ground wire to the ground on my driver power supply.Every time I go to try to change the lights under the free play mode the light on the controller turns purple?!

Purple is normal for freemode. Do you have PWM enabled for your channels? Send me your username andI will have a look at your settings.

Okay, I take it the light on the controller changes depending on the mode, but that's the only indication the app is doing anything to the actual controller.

I guess I should have gotten the breakout board, or I just got a bad one. Should I feel any voltage on the dimming lines? I don't.

SpencerShepard

I guess I should have gotten the breakout board, or I just got a bad one. Should I feel any voltage on the dimming lines? I don't.

No, you wouldn't be able to tell by feel. You can test with a multimeter. A faulty unit is a possibility, but I doubt that is the problem as every lighting controller is tested before shipping. Your settings looked fine and the controller is responsive. Can you post or send me pics of your wiring?

Is there any special setup to make the kessil 360 work with storm mode?

Edit... I think clouds have to be enabled as well.

I took two of the channels off to simplify it and get rid of the mess of wires to take a picture. I know the controller us putting out current cause the LEDs actually light up a little even when the driver power supply is unplugged. It actually goes on and off when I unplug the channel wire from the controller. And now with only one channel hooked up I can see the lights dim a little when I make the attachment for dimming with the lights already on, but still no action.

post-82181-0-24257300-1401335799_thumb.jpg

SpencerShepard

I took two of the channels off to simplify it and get rid of the mess of wires to take a picture. I know the controller us putting out current cause the LEDs actually light up a little even when the driver power supply is unplugged. It actually goes on and off when I unplug the channel wire from the controller. And now with only one channel hooked up I can see the lights dim a little when I make the attachment for dimming with the lights already on, but still no action.

Thanks for the pic. Try disconnecting power from the controller and power supply and move the Bluefish ground to the same terminal as the black wire from the LDD driver. Please report back if that helps.

jedimasterben

Try disconnecting power from the controller and power supply and move the Bluefish ground to the same terminal as the black wire from the LDD driver.

This. You are connecting your DC ground with the AC ground, which you cannot do. Keep DC grounds together and AC grounds together.

DanielSydney

Is there a way the dimming pot on the Kessil can be bypassed to allow complete dimming ?, Is it the pot causing the minimum 10% dim. The kessil is not really useful for moon phase as its too bright on its lowest setting. Bit of a shame.

jedimasterben

Is there a way the dimming pot on the Kessil can be bypassed to allow complete dimming ?, Is it the pot causing the minimum 10% dim. The kessil is not really useful for moon phase as its too bright on its lowest setting. Bit of a shame.

It is a driver limitation, very common with AC-DC 0-10v drivers.

SpencerShepard

The iOS location bug that was causing app to crash because of setting locations with no weather data has been patched in an automatic firmware update.

KP_Reef_Tank

The user name is case sensitive...do you have a capital in yours that isn't being input?

I didn't realize I signed up with the first letter of my user name capitalized, and had to do that before I could get in.

The controller was disconnected from the network. All it took was a restart.

Pretty neat gadget- makes me want to grab another strip light for my tank!!

SpencerShepard

The controller was disconnected from the network. All it took was a restart.

This is not normal behavior. The controller will reboot itself automatically in this situation. This is the server issue I mentioned above. I should have a fix in the next day or so. After I apply the fix, you should never have to reboot.
SpencerShepard

May 31,2014 (Firmware 3.4):
-Fixed server bug causing unresponsiveness after updates
-Fixed bug causing inaccuracy with night start time using Natural Sun and Minimum Dimming (was keeping light on longer than expected). Still some minor inaccuracy with certain day lengths...working on improving the formula to work with a larger range of settings.
-Reduced QuickTime/FastForward speed by half (will probably make this adjustable in future app versions)

I came home today and noticed my lights cutting off for a second about every 5 seconds. The imp card was flashing orange just before it happened each time and the light on the controller would flash at the same time. I tried unplugging everything and doing the blink up again, taking out the imp card and reinserting. After unplugging the controller the first time I haven't even been able to get my lights to come on. I can get the blink up to work, but then I'm getting no response from the controller and the light on it is still flashing. The imp card right now isn't doing anything, but it flashed red after the blink up and never went to green like I think it should. Any advice?

I have the same issue right now. i also unplugged and plugged mine back in. My lights are currently off too. I noticed that along with the flash from all the lights the controller itself would flash at the same time.

I emailed Spencer about it.

Archived