SaltCritters.com

Acclimation for Macros.

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

I've heard of people acclimating macros to their lights.

Im planning on turning my small 13.3g onto a Refugium. I currently have an AI Nano with director.

As I have the option to acclimate via director, I'd like to know just "How long should I acclimate?".

1 day?

3 days?

1 week?

A month?

Please let me know :)

Angel<3Nanos

Sounds like a load to me. Why would you light acclimate macroalgae?

Idk

I'm very new to macros. I've heard of people doing it. I dont mind light acclimating as my director does everything for me. I just have to program it and done. Takes like 5 mins.

And according to Reef-cleaners acclimation guide, it says to light acclimate it.

Nanofreak79

I believe certain macros have certain light requirements. Some need lower light and some higher. If you notice a macro only display there mixed with good results, most anyway. I think turning down intensity for a week or so and ramping up is a good idea. In my dwarf tank I plan on doing it as well, with my new light coming.

Angel<3Nanos

I believe certain macros have certain light requirements. Some need lower light and some higher. If you notice a macro only display there mixed with good results, most anyway. I think turning down intensity for a week or so and ramping up is a good idea. In my dwarf tank I plan on doing it as well, with my new light coming.

Thanks nanofreak! :)

in a span of 3 days is all that is needed.

Awesome :)

Archived