ReefCleaners.org

2.2g Deep Blue Rimless Cube [Retired]

jinx

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fits in the sump, but I probably won't be running the top on it due to the height of the skimmer. Not sure which section of the sump I'll run it in.

I'm sick and can't sleep, so.. moar pics. It's doing a good job so far! For this test I'm going to leave it running awhile and see what happens. This is the longest I've run it yet.

10410768_878497962162799_206111345870267

That's crazy dude. Looks awesome,that's nuts how it pulling skimmate so fast.

Wait a second,is this thing even stocked up yet lol ?

Haven't got that far yet. I did another test on it. Not even 5 mins running in some purposely made nutrient rich/dirty salt water. Water is foamy from me leaving the collector off while looking for a temp top. Found one of my sons old playdoh lids! Fits enough to test it LOL

10457938_878442602168335_908209659743003

Purposely made a dirty water mix :P I still have to paint the cabinet.. lol

Soon enough it'll be up and running. Trust me, my son hasn't stopped telling me to get it going. He already has a long list of what he wants in it.

Just checked in on it, and to my amazement, it's nearly cleared up the water all by itself already. I'd say it's damn near good to go! However, I need to get a slightly thicker o-ring for the lower half.

I'm feeling better and will be back at this soon.. Wife brought me home a new surprise the other night, a 35g deep blue cube! She ROCKS! but damn.. another? hahaha lol. I'll be working on that soon too :o

I'll never be comfortable with drilling glass no matter how many times I do it... Lubracation and going slow is key to doing it right! ;) sounds kinky lmao.

Damn man,that's awesome !!

Maybe I'll drill mine with a herbie and a return. If I smash it to pieces then it's only $25 down.

That'd be sick. A display fuge would be kickass :)

Drilling glass is easy :)

Easy for sure.. Still worry every time I do it. The glass on this one chipped pretty bad on the inside of the cut... My bulkheads cover it though.

Thanks :lol: I think it'll turn out good down the road. Glass needs a good cleaning on the outside and on the inside.. It sat for awhile with just RO in it. Damn, I want to glue some monti to that wall.. LOL. Need to get a heater for it soon, it's hovering around 74 degrees with everything running on it.. Get yourself an Arduino Uno or a clone, a compatable motor controller, and a good dc pump. It's easy. I'm jelly of his tanks wave action.

Archived