Pod Your Reef

2.2g Deep Blue Rimless Cube [Retired]

jinx

pismo_reefer

I'll send you the money to make me one, RIGHT NOW.

I mean, literally RIGHT NOW.

Pm me PP address.

I'll buy two if thats what it takes to make it worth yer time.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bdevillier19

that skimmer is awesome. how did you cut the glass bottle? i've seen people take string soaked in rubbing alcohol, wrap it where you want the "cut", light it, then put it under cold water and it breaks on the line. or did you do it another way? and what about the barbed elbow up top, did you just silicone it?

Pm me PP address.

Honestly, if there was enough interest in something like this, I may know someone who can make skimmers like this one out of blown glass.

that skimmer is awesome. how did you cut the glass bottle? i've seen people take string soaked in rubbing alcohol, wrap it where you want the "cut", light it, then put it under cold water and it breaks on the line. or did you do it another way? and what about the barbed elbow up top, did you just silicone it?

A wet saw, a diamond blade, and patience. I've tried the burning string trick many ways and never had any success with it.. The elbow is just epoxied.

bdevillier19

Honestly, if there was enough interest in something like this, I may know someone who can make skimmers like this one out of blown glass.

i think there would be plenty of interest. i always see people looking for the mame or gnome glass skimmers. if you could make something similar i dont think youd have a problem selling them.

Pm me PP address.

Thats awesome man,hell yes !!!! Can I hassss one ?

Ghettoness aside, what's it worth to you? I wouldn't provide anything except the glass and the elbow.

pismo_reefer

$30+ shipping, is what "I" would sell them for.

If it were me making them.

Im sure $20 has a fair profit margin, but I'm a hustler and a businessman.

I'd charge $30, cuz people will pay it..... :D

Sh*t I'd pay $35 or so shipped. It's worth it. I can get air pumps allllllll day at work,and get the clip and suction cup,and air stones all at Petco. So around $40-$45 you've got a awesome ass pico skimmer.

Honestly,I'm thinking about getting one to run in my girlfriends 2 gallon and just use that all filtration and water changes. I'd just make a hiding spot for it out of black acrylic ;)

nismo_sky32

That is an awesome little diy skimmer! If I didn't spend my summer's worth of reefer fundsnon a nano box, I would give you my money for one!

This is how far the sand has moved since adding it. The bottom is slowly getting that natural sand ripple look. Pump and controller are still running strong :happy: Soon I'll finish the stand and get some salt/live rock added in.

24.png

• 3 weeks later...

Jinx - you got me beat by a few months :). I think that makes me the 3rd oldest active member behind you and CM, lol. Very cool project here. I would have snatched up that sump if I would have seen it in time. Perfect PicO sump at that price.

Archived