Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2.2g Deep Blue Rimless Cube [Retired]

jinx

Haven't set it up just yet. I had to make a Home Depot run to get a 3/4 male to 1/2 hose barb fitting for the drain bulkhead on the sump.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm playing with the sump, and a stand for the entire setup, I decided to change up the programming a bit for the waves.. The sound is well ... :rolleyes:. Running one 3w blue led just for looks. Waiting on some lighting bits to show up for it in the meantime.

http://youtu.be/-9sJ32JSXEg

The cheapy green element evo 12 clip on LED light that I ordered showed up today. It's actually not that bad... going to tear it open later this week, and see about modifying it for PWM, so I can control it with the arduino. I'll post some pics later.

17.png

The stand is a wall mount kitchen cabinet that I found at home depot for 20% off, only paid $30 for it. I still need to paint it and work on the topper for it. The tank has a crappy foam pad under it that needs replacing.. It will not allow the tank to level out properly, so that needs done as well. I still need to get some better hose for it also.

This set up is just ridiculous man,I love it all the way around. I guy had one of those sumps for sale,but wanted the same as MR was charging. Screw that noise.

It should be a decent little setup for my son. The idea was to have a lower maintenance nano for him. A couple issues with the sump need addressing for my specific setup. The lids are the only issue I have with it, other then that, it's nice. I'm likely going to make a new top for it, so I can move the drain sock and also relocate the return line. I still need to find a skimmer for it and get a timer too.

Today I added some test sand to the display to see how it will react to the wave motions. I'm also going to have to make a lid for it to keep the water from splashing out, though its not much, more like a fine mist here and there. Thinking I may just make a mame style skimmer for it too.

Well, towards the end it started making a small amount of lime green pee.. I don't have an air valve handy for tuning it down, but it pushes foam no problem. I still need to figure out something to hang it with inside the sump. I'm probably only going to be able to run it in the refugium section due to the space required.

Maybe you could try to find an old heater suction cup. You might be able to clip it around the body of your hot sauce skimmer :P

I went out looking for those.. couldn't find any in the size I'd need that didn't come with a heater. Going to look on ebay/amazon and see what I can dig up.

If you just need the standard heater clip with suction cup, I have a couple just laying around. They are yours if you want them .

Took some time to cut a piece of glass for the top. Now I can really let the waves rock and roll without fear :lol: Time to tweak my code! I've had it running for a couple days now and the pump is holding up no problem. Time will tell though...

If you just need the standard heater clip with suction cup, I have a couple just laying around. They are yours if you want them .

I'm good. I appreciate the offer though!

Archived