ReefCleaners.org

2.2g Deep Blue Rimless Cube [Retired]

jinx

Scored this one for $10 new.. I couldn't help myself :lol:. It will likely end up as my sons nano setup.

Space reserved.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things I need to figure out are, the sump, the lights, and a stand for it. I actually have 30 CREE LEDs "blues/whites/reds" from a diy fixture that I got for free from a local. It was horribly built and powered incorrectly, so they tossed it out not knowing how to run it properly. I gotta identify some of the LEDs, as they have no indications or markings as to what the specs are. Not sure on the size of the sump just yet, but, it's gotta be small enough to go under it, inside of the stand I intend to build for it. I'll probably end up just making a custom sump that's around a gallon or so.. I'm thinking that I might make a full rock background for it and silicone it in. Not 100% sure how it will end up at this point. Could also do one central rock formation that reaches almost to the surface.. lots to think about for such a little build.

Oh yes !!! That is awesome man !!! More and more drilled picos keep popping up and I'm loving it,well not that many but still. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Check out Beer's drilled and sumped .5 or so I think it is,and check my .9 gallon for a sump idea. Mines in the works though.

I can't wait to see this going. I wanted to do the same thing to the same tank you have but didn't know if it was able to be drilled. Tagging along for this one !!!

Also,can you give me a little info on how to set up something with the adurino like you've got,that's sick !!!

Oh yes !!! That is awesome man !!! More and more drilled picos keep popping up and I'm loving it,well not that many but still. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Check out Beer's drilled and sumped .5 or so I think it is,and check my .9 gallon for a sump idea. Mines in the works though.

I can't wait to see this going. I wanted to do the same thing to the same tank you have but didn't know if it was able to be drilled. Tagging along for this one !!!

Also,can you give me a little info on how to set up something with the adurino like you've got,that's sick !!!

:lol: I dunno who is more excited about it.. Me, or my son! LOL. The tank is drillable no problem. There's a simple test to check for tempered glass, lots of youtube vids on it. It's running a 12v dc pump on a Uno and the R3 motor shield. Overkill really, but its all left over parts from some of my other projects. Pretty simple really.. Random motor speed + random time delay = random pump pulses. Still some testing to do to see if the pump can handle this long term. I also need to quiet the drain down, it's loud as all hell...

The pump - http://www.ebay.com/itm/12VOLT-DC-SUBMERSIBLE-WATER-FOUNTAIN-PUMP-145GPH-10-LIFT-12V-BATTERY-OR-SOLAR-/191142422275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c80f9e703

Nice call on the sump!

Shoot,I think I'm just as excited as you guys are lol. Or you could use a DBS 12"x6"x6" betta tank or make a sump out of acrylic,which would be cheap as hell. What're your stocking plans for this beast ? And came up with anything on the lighting yet ?

Hmm,I may have to look into that and see how much it would cost me. Do you think I could get the same kind of waves in my 7 gallon ?

Shoot,I think I'm just as excited as you guys are lol. Or you could use a DBS 12"x6"x6" betta tank or make a sump out of acrylic,which would be cheap as hell. What're your stocking plans for this beast ? And came up with anything on the lighting yet ? Hmm,I may have to look into that and see how much it would cost me. Do you think I could get the same kind of waves in my 7 gallon ?

No plans for stocking yet, I'll worry about that after it's finished and cycled. I need to take some pics of the LED pucks and post em to see if anyone knows what the unlabled ones are. As far as the 7 goes, I imagine so, depending on how it's plumbed. I'm not running the pump at full power, roughly 80% currently. For the scale, it's perfect where I have it set at and is flowing very nicely with a good sway.

llamadauma

Do you have a stand built? If you plumbed it, why not make the best out of a good size sump you know? Something as simple as three baffles in a 2.5 or something.

No plans for stocking yet, I'll worry about that after it's finished and cycled. I need to take some pics of the LED pucks and post em to see if anyone knows what the unlabled ones are. As far as the 7 goes, I imagine so, depending on how it's plumbed. I'm not running the pump at full power, roughly 80% currently. For the scale, it's perfect where I have it set at and is flowing very nicely with a good sway.

Yeah get those posted man,you have everything you need ?

Hmm,If you don't mind shooting me a pm with everything I'd need to possibly get one running ? If you feel like it that is lol.

I bought it! LOL Thanks for pointing it out ;)

Also what kind of pump did you use to get those WaVeS?

It's not just a pump making the waves. There's a microcontroller and a dual bridge running it. Any 12v dc pump will work. This is the pump I'm using.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12VOLT-DC-SUBMERSIBLE-WATER-FOUNTAIN-PUMP-145GPH-10-LIFT-12V-BATTERY-OR-SOLAR-/191142422275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c80f9e703

Some teaser pics for the day :o

Freshly cut from the massive stockpile of dry rock that I own.

10339582_780561788623084_316631037625702

Still need to clean it up and round the sides like I did with the top.

10351959_780561755289754_162870118882990

Can't wait to get more work done!!

That's nice man,I like that. A small shelf on each side would look awesome.

I thought about that, but I want to keep the sides unobstructed. I'm gonna get the background glued in and go from there. I gave myself a decent space on both sides so I wasn't risking scratching it putting it in. Gonna be fun to silicone in!

Oh you thought I meant the sides ? I was actually talking against the back wall on te rock wall lol. But yeah,that should be fun to silicone in !!!

Still waiting on the sump to show up so I can get back to working on this. I got the background glued in, painted the back and part of the sides to hide the silicone. Going to be on the hunt for a skimmer that will fit in the sump in the meantime. I also have some of the LED's sorted out, still have a few that I haven't been able to identify fully. I suspect they are Cree, but unsure.

The ones I've identified so far >

6 x Cree XLamp XR-E White?

2 x Luxeon Rebel Endor Royal Blue.

1 x Luxeon Rebel Endor Deep Red

2 x Cree XLamp 7090 White?

Archived