SaltCritters.com

IM Nuvo 16 CUC

GoldenHawk

GoldenHawk

I've had a variety of snails, hermits, and other inverts in my 80 gal tank. I've had a few minor issues:

1) Dwarf ceriths make their way into everything - Not sure I want those guys roaming around the tight confines of the Nuvo's rear compartments, clogging pumps or getting stuck and dying.

2) Nerites have a death wish. Before I covered the tank, 1-2 would make their way out and start roaming around the room. I cover my drainpipe with a mesh, and I've still managed to find a nerite or two in my sump. Seeing as how I *may* run the Nuvo without a top, I'm guessing I want to avoid rambling snails. Plus, they lay eggs everywhere.

3) Hermits can be annoying...knocking over new frags, killing snails here and there, annoying coral (infrequent). They are, however, great at keeping things clean.

I figure a handful of super tongan nassarius are good for the sand, but anyone have good suggestions for a CUC for a IM Nuvo 16?

thomas8man

I just got my self two Mexican turbo snails for my white 16g nuvo and there are amazing they are gastropod amount one every 8g

Recommended think that should just find the bigger dwarf and think they will not get sucked in

I am doing my best too stay away from hermit crabs

• 2 weeks later...
GoldenHawk

I just got my self two Mexican turbo snails for my white 16g nuvo and there are amazing they are gastropod amount one every 8g

Recommended think that should just find the bigger dwarf and think they will not get sucked in

I am doing my best too stay away from hermit crabs

My only concern about the turbos is if they'll start knocking stuff around due to their size. Then again my nerits and ceriths are fairly large and don't really knock much around....so turbos might be an interesting one to try!

JaegerDelta

In my Nuvo 16 I have 5 black foot trochus and a fighting conch as CUC and they keep the tank and sandbed very clean. The trochus are large enough that you wont find them in the back compartment, smart enough not to climb out, and they seem to climb over things rather than knocking them down. The conch does a great job of keeping the sand clean. I got rid of all hermits and emerald crabs as they were chomping on some corals.

I would highly recommend trochus if you can find them.

GoldenHawk

In my Nuvo 16 I have 5 black foot trochus and a fighting conch as CUC and they keep the tank and sandbed very clean. The trochus are large enough that you wont find them in the back compartment, smart enough not to climb out, and they seem to climb over things rather than knocking them down. The conch does a great job of keeping the sand clean. I got rid of all hermits and emerald crabs as they were chomping on some corals.

I would highly recommend trochus if you can find them.

Hadn't thought of trochus - That sounds like a pretty good option actually!

thomas8man

My only concern about the turbos is if they'll start knocking stuff around due to their size. Then again my nerits and ceriths are fairly large and don't really knock much around....so turbos might be an interesting one to try!

Yeah turbos are big but get big jobs done fast

Archived