Cultivated Reef

LED build for 10g reef using storm controller

TFish77

Hope you don't need it within the next week and some change lol. I wonder what new toys their coming out with.

jedimasterben

1x HLG-80H-30BL =$57.38

Looks good except this power supply. You'll want the HLG-80H-48 or HLG-80H-48A, with the -A version being IP65 and voltage adjustable, and the blank version being IP67 and non adjustable.

Looks good except this power supply. You'll want the HLG-80H-48 or HLG-80H-48A, with the -A version being IP65 and voltage adjustable, and the blank version being IP67 and non adjustable.

Wouldn't I need this power supply if I wanted to dim 6 colors individually. (7 pins vs 5).

Also, if I plan on using the storm controller as my potentiometers for all 6 colors will I need the IP65 rated which comes with an internal potentiomter or the IP67. http://www.onlinecomponents.com/datasheet/hlg80h48.aspx?p=43122751&Resource=1

Wouldn't I need this power supply if I wanted to dim 6 colors individually. (7 pins vs 5).

Scratch that. Dumb question. My bad :-). Still curious at the IP65 and the IP67. It looks like they are different styles of waterproofing but ones seems to come with a built in potentiometer and the other doesn't. Just let me know which one works best with the storm.

jedimasterben

Also, if I plan on using the storm controller as my potentiometers for all 6 colors will I need the IP65 rated which comes with an internal potentiomter or the IP67. http://www.onlinecomponents.com/datasheet/hlg80h48.aspx?p=43122751&Resource=1

Scratch that. Dumb question. My bad :-). Still curious at the IP65 and the IP67. It looks like they are different styles of waterproofing but ones seems to come with a built in potentiometer and the other doesn't. Just let me know which one works best with the storm.

If you try and dim the power supply and not the LDD, you'll kill the LDD immediately. You only dim the drivers, NOT the power supply. :)

IP67 is water resistant to 1m depth, IP65 is water resistant with water shooting onto it.

Archived