Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Java's 5 Gallon AIO

JavaJacketOC

JavaJacketOC

This is the first full day with the new light, it just started to ramp up to the day time peak........and I'm not home to see it :(

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JavaJacketOC

I decided to mount the Stylophora today. I planned to remount it to a piece of LRR and just place it in the intended location but all of pieces propped the stylo up too high so I decided just to mount it directly to the rock...hope she likes her new home fingerscrossed

Pics

8nhFdl5.jpg?1

VTwA5oL.jpg?1

qh7cHNO.jpg?1

JEaZneF.jpg?1

JavaJacketOC

Tank is looking awesome man that stylo is looking killer. How is that doing with your cal and kalk levels?

Thanks...I'm honestly not testing for anything...just doing water changes every 7 - 10 days and using IO Reef Crystals.

I'll probably need to pick up a few more tests to determine if I need more frequent water changes. I'm a little hesitant to dose anything in such a small tank...could really mess things up.

I'm not sure what to make of this but I like it...thank you!

In words only it would read like this:

"Wow, that stylo looks ...

Sexy"

:lol:

JavaJacketOC

In words only it would read like this:

"Wow, that stylo looks ...

Sexy"

:lol:

ROFL, ok I thought that might be it but didn't want to assume...it is a sexy pink bish

for sure.

the color on that stylo is awesome. it's the centerpiece of the tank right now.

Thank you! I'd seen a few stylos before but they weren't quite the color of this one, this to the naked eye is more fuchsia vs the more common hot pink, at least to me. Now let's hope she doesn't brown out :scarry:

JavaJacketOC

I changed my mind and went with this:

10:00 - A: 0% / B: 1% (Moonlight)

11:00 - A: 4% / B: 10% (Sunrise)

15:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Continuation of Peak day)

21:00 - A: 4% / B: 10% (Sunset)

22:00 - A: 0% / B: 1% (Moonlight)

I still don't love the peak day color but it's better than what I the last combo...I don't expect anything not to be able to handle this lighting but will keep an eye on everything over the next couple days. This lighting color combo seems to make the brown colors in the tank more prominent...that's no bueno :furious:

Since the original lighting schedule I've ramped up the the intensity a bit to the following (a couple % a day):

11:00 - A: 6% / B: 12% (Sunrise)

15:00 - A: 40% / B: 30% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 40% / B: 30% (Continuation of Peak day)

21:00 - A: 6% / B: 12% (Sunset)

I chose to ramp up the mid day a little faster than I originally planned due to my Paly's and Yumas streatching toward the light. The were open and seemed happy with the Par30 but are now notceably extending toward the light with the Razor.

I will continue to ramp 1-2% per day until I get as close to the 60%/60% ratio I liked based on how I see things reacting during the peak of the light cycle.

JavaJacketOC

Since the original lighting schedule I've ramped up the the intensity a bit to the following (a couple % a day):

15:00 - A: 40% / B: 30% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 40% / B: 30% (Continuation of Peak day)

I chose to ramp up the mid day a little faster than I originally planned due to my Paly's and Yumas stretching toward the light. The were open and seemed happy with the Par30 but are now noticeably extending toward the light with the Razor.

I will continue to ramp 1-2% per day until I get as close to the 60%/60% ratio I liked based on how I see things reacting during the peak of the light cycle.

So I've been ramping up the light every day and am currently at the following:

15:00 - A: 52% / B: 42% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 52% / B: 42% (Continuation of Peak day)

However all my yumas, zoas, pally and my hammer are all reaching like crazy...I don't want to just jump to the 60/60 but do I need a longer peak cycle? I thought I remember that a 4-6 hour peak window was ideal.

JavaJacketOC

Decided to pick up an API Calcium and KH test today, just to see what Reef Crystals is mixing to and where my tank is after a week.

New Mix = 560

Tank Water = 480

My tank doesn't have a lot of Coraline algae, which from what I understand can really sap Calcium levels, but I was a little surprised and how high the new water tested at. I mix to a 1.026 salinity level but the bag states the Calcium should be at 455. I dunno if the test would be that far off.

• 2 weeks later...
JavaJacketOC

I couildn't resist anymore, the size was perfect and although it's not one of the brightest colors I love the look

Teaser

4iWM5n8.jpg?1

While scrubbing the shell this popped out when the clam closed itself really tightly...my LFS has the gnarliest pods ever. I never put them in my tank for fear they'll eat everything

LpbuwHu.jpg?1

JavaJacketOC

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it opened up! How has the razor been treating you?

Thanks. Gonna leave her alone before I try and get anymore pics, maybe tomorrow though. The razor is fine but still need to find a color I really like. I'm in the 60's now for both channels but it's just so purple...which I'm not a huge fan of.

you did it!!

whoohoo

!!! It's not that pink and black tiger stripe one I posted before but it's the perfect size and the color compliments the rest of my tank.

JavaJacketOC

Meet Eugenia. Gold and Green Maxima about 2" from tip to tip. Sadly the pictures don't show the green that you see with the naked eye, which is really what sold me on this one

Top down

mQeUqLV.jpg?2

From the front (the gold is much more prominent to the naked eye)

grsQ5Qg.jpg?1

JavaJacketOC

It's gorgeous man!

Thanks! Any updates on your tank order? Like maybe that it'll be here 2 weeks early?!

Also, apparently my maxi carpet decided to move. When I got home it was touching the monti...hopefully no stinging damage

B84M9a6.jpg?1

Thanks! Any updates on your tank order? Like maybe that it'll be here 2 weeks early?!

No.... Still "cutting glass". Trust me I've been checking it every day lol. I still have to figure out a stand, with my new living arrangements I really don't have somewhere to build one. Ive looked tirelessly for a pre made one but my dimensions make it tough, looks like I may have to have it custom made.

JavaJacketOC

No.... Still "cutting glass". Trust me I've been checking it every day lol. I still have to figure out a stand, with my new living arrangements I really don't have somewhere to build one. Ive looked tirelessly for a pre made one but my dimensions make it tough, looks like I may have to have it custom made.

Make a post in the marketplace, I'm sure someone local can make a decent stand

Make a post in the marketplace, I'm sure someone local can make a decent stand

Thats actually a good idea and one I didn't even think of.

lol, i remember the "cutting glass" status.....

Archived