Pod Your Reef

Java's 5 Gallon AIO

JavaJacketOC

Good luck getting rid of those little jerks!

I like what you've got going on in your tank!

Thanks!

You and me both,I'm so paranoid about trying to find him. He normally comes out when the blues come on at night,and or after feeding. I just don't want to lose any more Zoa's.

If I was you,you'll noticed a huge loss in color,and they'll be pissed,but freshwater dip for about 45 seconds to a minute. And in that time,look VERY CLOSE AND GOOD for eggs and adults. I did some Zoa's that were infested with nudi's ( but weren't doing any harm ) and about 10 came off just on one small rock.. I haven't seen any in weeks though. I'm still trying to irradiate my brown flatworms though.. As you can tell,my tanks got issues lol

Yeah, after finding the first couple eggs I had a better idea what to look for..unfortunately they blend in well with my rock but I feel accomplished after today.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dipped both Monti's again last night for 10 min using a double dose of Seachem reef dip. No nudi's dropped off either of them, at least that I could see with the naked eye. I think I might have found 1 egg on the rockwork while looking during the dip time but not 100% sure it was an egg.

My digitata has browned out, most likely from the general stress and dips but for the areas of the frag that haven't been eaten there is actually decent polyp extension...hopefully I'll be able to save it.

Dipped both Monti's again last night for 10 min using a double dose of Seachem reef dip. Didn't see any nudis again and I haven't seen any eggs, juvies or adults in the tank. Maybe I caught the infestation before it really took off? Anyway...going to finish off a 2 week treatment then see what happens.

Also moved some stuff around...all shrooms in the lower left of the tank. Picked up a loos blue/purple shroom for 5.00.

6DQIVka.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Dipped both montis again last night...it appeared that there were 1 or 2 very small nudis on the digitata (they don't seem to ever be on the cap) just prior to dipping. Sadly, the digitata is almost gone, however what's left does have good polyp extension, not sure if I should bother letting it try to recover or just toss it since that seems to be the focus for the nudis.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I'm done with the nudi treatment. So far I have yet to see any new juveniles or eggs...fingers crossed that I got them all.

Will be uploading some new pics soon, I've been having difficulty with my clam...she just doesn't seem to want to stay in 1 spot. not really sure if it's PAR or Flow related. Other than moving around she looks good though.

• 3 months later...

is the tank still up and running? any updates?

No, the 5g has been taken down and is now currently being used as a QT Tank. I moved and decided to set up my 18" Cube, transferring the livestock from the 5g over to the bigger tank. I'll be starting a new thread soon.

Archived