Coral Vue Hydros

My take on the cluster

bpaston

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Light 'er up.

I wanna see.

Me too...just ordered the power supplies yesterday, should be here tomorrow. Decided to go with the HLG-150H(A).

Not over just around, and a little dab of hi temp silicon will hold the wires in place so it doesn't interfere with the luxeon z's The Vero will make us of the pico ezmate harness and will be soldered to two pads in front of the molex connecter. At this point on Mk. 1 of the board it was the best I could come up with.... I am sure once I build these I will come up with a better way to go about it in Mk. 2.

For the MK. 2 you should totally swap the Vero10 for the V10.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=BXRE-40G1000-B-03&vendor=976

Same cob but smaller package.

• 1 month later...

I finally got everything but the bridgelux wired up and fired up on a test heatsink. Finding extruded aluminum is harder than I thought it would be....will post up some crappy iPhone pics of the 4 channels at 100%, once my son goes to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
NIce light Is the board copper? Where did you have the board made?
The board is copper and was designed by me. Steves leds had it printed and did the reflowing.

Did you solder/reflow those luxeon UV's yourself? can you describe your setup? Who made the boards? its sinkpad yerh?
Steves leds did all the reflowing for me, and it is not a sinkpad...just plain old copper.

Is the board double sided? I am doing something similar with the luxeon z's for another project, do you still have the eagle cad files left for this board? I would really like to take a look.

Is the board double sided? I am doing something similar with the luxeon z's for another project, do you still have the eagle cad files left for this board? I would really like to take a look.

It is not double sided. Just a single sided board.

Archived